Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That cant be. CZ personnel experts told us that virtually every team in football would want Dez and that he would have so many options he could choose his own destination and "make us pay" for treating him so bad.

Along with a couple of those here as I recall.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lost in our hate of Dez Bryant is the fact that our personnel geniuses gave this guy a huge contract. They either knew his limitations and still paid him which is completely insane, or they didn't know his limitations which is equally fucked up. #Passion

I think he had earned his contract extension and we needed to keep him. I don't think anyone could have really anticipated he'd drop off the face of the earth like he did after signing that deal. If he had hit the free agent market that same year someone else would have definitely paid him big bucks too.

He sucked his last 2-3 seasons here, but prior to that he was a really good player.

Reaction score
I think he had earned his contract extension and we needed to keep him. I don't think anyone could have really anticipated he'd drop off the face of the earth like he did after signing that deal. If he had hit the free agent market that same year someone else would have definitely paid him big bucks too.

He sucked his last 2-3 seasons here, but prior to that he was a really good player.

The biggest fear I had about that contract at the time was the nagging suspicion I had that Dez was a "got paid" athlete who then loses any desire or hunger.

And here we are.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The biggest fear I had about that contract at the time was the nagging suspicion I had that Dez was a "got paid" athlete who then loses any desire or hunger.

And here we are.

As I was saying at the time. Repeatedly. I predicted it alllll, even the whole leading the league in drops thing.

If someone else would have signed him away from us, oh well. You can get what he brings to the table from most any 1st or 2nd rounder. His "skillset" was never anything special.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If he had hit the free agent market that same year someone else would have definitely paid him big bucks too.
My contention was, we should have tested that assumption. Let Dez test the market. I still believe the interest would have been a lot less than our own. DCs and opponent players were on to Dez by that point.

Reaction score

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Being cut hasnt gotten his attention
Having no team hasnt gotten his attention
As the article says, he's a head case.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, the other WR we had with a ten cent head (Ryan Switzer) was so bad in Oakland that he got himself traded for a bag of peanuts to the Stealers

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
By the way, the other WR we had with a ten cent head (Ryan Switzer) was so bad in Oakland that he got himself traded for a bag of peanuts to the Stealers

yeah, but what kind of peanuts?

giphy.gif

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
4d4d0e86d43cd5793d563fce454493bc.png

In honor of Dez

May he Rest In Peace

The 2018 season opens tomorrow and he STILL isn’t signed