dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is what a truly toxic player does to a team, they're afraid to even guide him, or even try. He's a cancer and has been one.

I was a pro-Dez guy until this past season, it's time for them to move on.

If he blows up somewhere else and has a great season or two, ok. But the 4 or 5 games he missed in 2016 showed we don't really need him to be effective offensively, and if he is not out there then the feeling that they must force him the ball is gone. Just focus on having a dominant OL and running game and spread the ball around in the passing game.

The time has come to move on from Dez and Witten being focal points of the passing offense.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dooley was wr coach since 2013

in that time who has really developed into anything worth half a shit?? nobody

maybe you can credit dooley for beasley. maybe

williams was drafted the highest (3rd round) during dooley's tenture. also had street (5th round) and switzer (4th round). you can argue that dooley did not have the talent. but add that to the list of positions on the roster that need above-average talent to "beat the man across from him". he inherited dez and miles austin

look at this dogshit list:

2013 WR's
10 Anthony Amos
13 Anthony Armstrong
19 Miles Austin
11 Cole Beasley
16 Tim Benford
88 Dez Bryant
81 Danny Coale
85 Jared Green
17 Dwayne Harris
14 Eric Rogers
83 Terrance Williams

2014 WR's
11 Cole Beasley
16 Tim Benford
14 Chris Boyd
81 Dezmon Briscoe
88 Dez Bryant
80 LaRon Byrd
17 Dwayne Harris
85 Jamar Newsome
15 Devin Street
83 Terrance Williams

2015 WR's
11 Cole Beasley
88 Dez Bryant
14 Reggie Dunn
19 George Farmer
85 Antwan Goodley
81 Deontay Greenberry
17 Nick Harwell
16 A. J. Jenkins
15 Devin Street
13 Lucky Whitehead
83 Terrance Williams

2016 WR's
11 Cole Beasley
10 Chris Brown
88 Dez Bryant
19 Brice Butler
81 Andy Jones
16 Vince Mayle
14 Rodney Smith
15 Devin Street
13 Lucky Whitehead
83 Terrance Williams

2017 WR's
11 Cole Beasley
18 Brian Brown
85 Noah Brown
88 Dez Bryant
19 Brice Butler
15 Javontee Herndon
81 Andy Jones
14 Lance Lenoir
16 Uzoma Nwachukwu
10 Ryan Switzer
83 Terrance Williams

Reaction score
I seriously doubt our FO will even bother asking him to take any kind of pay cut and I sure as HELL don't want to extend the marriage by restructuring him. We just gotta eat his shit one more year, pay him what's coming, then split the sheets.

Shit, he might just beast the hell out of it next year to get another big deal from some sucker GM on some other team.

Jerry is the sucker GM. Nobody in the league is going to give Bryant a deal like Jerry gave Bryant.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry is the sucker GM. Nobody in the league is going to give Bryant a deal like Jerry gave Bryant.

I'm down on Dez, but after seeing what some of these scrub/jag guys got in free agency, there's no question if Dez hit the street he'd get paid. he's a better player than most of them by a considerable margin, and some of those deals were ridiculous.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm down on Dez, but after seeing what some of these scrub/jag guys got in free agency, there's no question if Dez hit the street he'd get paid. he's a better player than most of them by a considerable margin, and some of those deals were ridiculous.

Agree.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Seriously.

Screenshot_2018-03-23-10-59-15.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Looks like Dez actually did wear out his welcome. Twitter world says this is the end for him in Dallas.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
132943e49040c05a4f68fedadae76b97.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is about the occasional sideline tantrums and his bad influence on Williams and Beasley whether it’s real or perceived

If he was still averaging 91 catches for 1,312 yards and 14 touchdowns a lot of these things would not be an issue.

But those days are gone; his act has worn thin and his support has eroded.

Aside from Jerry there’s not many, if any, folks in the front office, coaching or training staff who will fight to keep him on the 2018 roster.

That’s why he’ll be wearing another team’s uniform next season.
Cowboys Appear to Be Moving on From Dez Bryant - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Reaction score
Looks like Dez actually did wear out his welcome. Twitter world says this is the end for him in Dallas.

Here is what the mouthpiece of the Dallas Cowboys had to say on DallasCowboys.com:

And suddenly the assumption is the Cowboys are cutting Dez Bryant since his production went down last year – as did the production of the entire Cowboys offense – and since his base salary in the second to last year of his five-year contract calls for a $12.5 million base salary.
OK, fine. Here is where I’m going yellow. Not scared, but cautious because assuming there is no Dez, here are last year’s numbers for the other wide receivers the Cowboys currently have under contract not named Lance Lenoir:
Terrance Williams: 53 catches, 568 yards, 10.7-yard average, 0 TDs.
Cole Beasley: 36…314…8.7…2.
Ryan Switzer: 6…41…6.8…0.
Noah Brown: 4…33…8.3…0.
Deonte Thompson (Buff): 27…430…15.9…1. (Chi): 11…125…11.4…1.
Allen Hurns (Jax): 39…484…12.4…2.
Hmmmm. That’s six guys, a grand total of six touchdowns.
Now look, I am not suggesting Dez had a great season last year. Not by any means by his previous standards. But he was not gosh-awful bad as many are suggesting. By NFL standards he was average.
Bryant’s 2017 numbers read: 69 catches, 838 yards, 12.1 avg., 6 TDs.

The Cowboys do have a Dumbo GM. But he should be able to read from his own website. Letting Dez Bryant hit the free agent market is like when 70's Saints owner Meacom let Chuck Muncie and Wes Chandler go to San Diego saying Old man Archie Manning is all the Saints needed. I compare Meacom to Jones because they are the same owner/GM failure mode.

Again you keep Dez one more year avoid the dead money and if he balls you got a pro bowl WR at $12M for 2019. If he does not, you cut his butt and move on.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Again you keep Dez one more year avoid the dead money and if he balls you got a pro bowl WR at $12M for 2019. If he does not, you cut his butt and move on.
If we cut him after June 1 the dead money hit is only 4 mil and we save 12 mil of cap space. Just something to think about. NO WAY do we cut him BEFORE June 1 though, that's the cap suicide I was talking about before. I never looked at the numbers for a cut after June 1.

He might just be outta here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My biggest fear is that we keep him, he balls out like he did in his contract year, Jeruh backs up the brinks truck for him again, then he falls back into irrelevancy for the rest of his contract

Again!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My biggest fear is that we keep him, he balls out like he did in his contract year, Jeruh backs up the brinks truck for him again, then he falls back into irrelevancy for the rest of his contract

Again!

He's under contract through 2019, so that wont be happening. Especially with long term big paydays upcoming for Martin and Lawrence, and probably Prescott.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's under contract through 2019, so that wont be happening. Especially with long term big paydays upcoming for Martin and Lawrence, and probably Prescott.
Yeah if he beasts it it'll be for his potential NEW team.

Top Bottom