Reaction score
Josh Brent isn't coming back.

Brent Price - an under the radar guy who some had hopes for - was just released.

Our starting DT's are Jason Hatcher (31 in 2013) and Jay Ratliff (32 in 2013).

Behind them, according to Ourlads is:

Rob Callaway
Sean Lissemore
Ben Bass
Nick Hayden (who?)
Tyrone Crawford (thought he was a DE)

That is not good.

Looking ahead, is there anyway we don't take a DT in the first next year?

How is the depth for the position looking next year? Good fits for us, etc?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But we're in great shape on the defensive line. Why would that change in one year? :jerry

I'd say it depends on who the new HC is. Offensive guy might get new toys for their side. If it's Mike Zimmer, you're probably right about DL.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Head coach 2014

Zimmer-and-Parcells.jpg

I'm serious, too. He's a Jerry guy. He has balls. He'll stand up to Jerry but will be tough on the players. And that was before Parcells... Later he saw how Parcells handled JJ.

And he runs this scheme. I really think Jerry already has the next guy in mind and that's why he said we'll be in the 43 for a long time.

But don't get me wrong, I'd take Gruden in a heartbeat.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the next coach would be Zim too. Might be worth to see dbairs head explode

Wouldn't be my first choice, but we can't have nice things anymore

Reaction score
It's not going to be Zimmer. I yelled to him that he sucked prior to our 2006 game vs the Redskins. I'm sure that left a mark.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I would love to see Zimmer here next year, but I doubt they go DL in the first next year as it seems to be a real need and Jerry always takes "skill" position guys in the first round. Some WR or TE will catch his fancy and that will be that...

Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with Garrett but changing coaches every three years isn't how to win.

Screw Zimmer I want nothing to do with him. I couldn't stand him when before as the DC.

Reaction score
I can't believe we agree about Zimmer. I assumed he was every homer's dream coach.

Top Bottom