tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
He was such an amazing player. I think, because of his youth, if he took a year off and had surgery (although his doctor says he may not need it) he could still be an amazing player. LB is a need on defense as well as DT. There are still a lot of good DT's available right now, but Jack to me could be a steal in the 2nd round, I do not think he will last to the middle of the 2nd. There have been plenty of players to have the surgery and go on to have good to great careers. Is he too good to pass up?

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
This NY Post story sheds a lot of light on the issue - the question is the degenerative nature of the injury, and the likelihood of only getting 2-3 years out of the guy.

Rod Woodson had the surgery early in his career and he turned out fine. Of course it all depends on the player and their work ethic in rehab plus who the surgeon is, but to have him get the surgery done after he is drafted and sit a year to rehab would really upgrade our LB's if he can get back to the same level. He is probably one of two "wow" players in this draft that I watched on tape and they both have injury concerns.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FWIW apparently Sturm is reporting he is under consideration by us at 34 now

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
We need a 1 technique and you have Andrew Billings still there as well, but Jack could be a game changer like Sean Lee, without all the concussions hopefully. I haven't seen a LB prospect this good in a long time, with speed, power, quickness and instincts PLUS I do not think he has fully grown into his body, meaning he has some pure muscle to add without losing his speed or quickness. Imagine him running around at 240-250 lbs with his speed and quickness!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We need a 1 technique and you have Andrew Billings still there as well, but Jack could be a game changer like Sean Lee, without all the concussions hopefully. I haven't seen a LB prospect this good in a long time, with speed, power, quickness and instincts PLUS I do not think he has fully grown into his body, meaning he has some pure muscle to add without losing his speed or quickness. Imagine him running around at 240-250 lbs with his speed and quickness!

We have a 1T. We signed Thornton to a 17 million contract to kick Hayden to the curb.

I'm not opposed to drafting another DT (especially since Terrell McClain cant be trusted to stay healthy and is in the last yr of his deal here anyway) but I don't believe 1T is a "need"

Reaction score
Id avoid him.

Getting tired of drafting injured players.

And I was a guy who wanted him at 4 prior to the injury report.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dr. Andrews supposedly said this afternoon that he does not need microfracture, at least not now.

By all indications they're fixated on a DE anyway.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
We have a 1T. We signed Thornton to a 17 million contract to kick Hayden to the curb.

A 1 technique is still needed for depth and rotational purposes plus Thornton can slide over as he is athletic enough since he played 3-4 DE. And Billings is not slow by any means, so I think he could play multiple positions in multiple defenses, nickel, dime, etc.

Id avoid him.

Getting tired of drafting injured players.

And I was a guy who wanted him at 4 prior to the injury report.

Yes but he is a top 5 player not only in this draft but in past drafts as well, to get him for a 2nd would be a steal if he stays healthy and dominates, which all indication s are that he will.

Dr. Andrews supposedly said this afternoon that he does not need microfracture, at least not now.

By all indications they're fixated on a DE anyway.

Just like they were in love with Ramsey at #4? The surgery will probably be needed and better to get it done while the kid is only 20 years old, so he recovers fully and a year off would really help him in putting on some muscle weight and strength.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nah we got this. Draft a LB who suffered about as devastating a knee injury as there is, hope maybe he can put on a uniform one day.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Only an asshole would start a thread like this and think he can get away with it.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Only an asshole would start a thread like this and think he can get away with it.

I don't feed trolls so say something productive or just move on, because I will just add you to the genetically disabled list.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Fine. But I'm only stopping cuz I want to, not because I'm scared or anything.

Friends, Tonyraye?

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
No offense but I come here to talk football and not have people be nasty etc. I don't mind people who don't agree with my perspective or opinions. When you don't add anything to the conversation about football and just insult people with foul language, it does not show me that you are here for the same reason I am. It seems you just want to cause a reaction and I would rather choose to not respond to you than to get into whatever you want me to get into. So I can be civil with you, if that is what you are asking. But I will not respond to anything from you in the future if you continue to berate myself or others who come here just to share their views on football.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
No offense but I come here to talk football and not have people be nasty etc. I don't mind people who don't agree with my perspective or opinions. When you don't add anything to the conversation about football and just insult people with foul language, it does not show me that you are here for the same reason I am. It seems you just want to cause a reaction and I would rather choose to not respond to you than to get into whatever you want me to get into. So I can be civil with you, if that is what you are asking. But I will not respond to anything from you in the future if you continue to berate myself or others who come here just to share their views on football.

Hey new guy, lighten up or take a hike. No one is ever serious here. Sheik started this forum. Show a little respect.

tonyraye

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Hey new guy, lighten up or take a hike. No one is ever serious here. Sheik started this forum. Show a little respect.

I don't care what he has done, he has no right to cuss people out. Respect is given when it is deserved.

Top Bottom