spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've only seen that claim made once. But then again, you think Dez is "interfered with on every play" and Collinsworth is "the best color guy in the business."
It doesn't matter who we're fans of, when we see mediocre crap football it's still mediocre crap football.

You've never actually seen a good Dallas Cowboys football team.

Ok let me dissect just how wrong your post is Dooms.

1.) I've been called a dumb homer and have been told that I'm on crack. I guess being called delusional is the least I've been called on this forum.

2.)The point of me posting the video was to show that I recognize bad football.

3.) I have seen good Cowboys teams. Acting like I haven't is a wrong statement.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just kidding Spiderfan (kind of). "One and only" kind of nailed it. You're young and it's kind of hard for you to put what this team/franchise has become in any perspective because you weren't around for any of the SB eras. Stick around here. We'll show you the path.....
I have my opinions on the Cowboys and will keep having them... even if I'm the most hated user on this forum.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have my opinions on the Cowboys and will keep having them... even if I'm the most hated user on this forum.

Why are you the most hated user on the forum? More importantly, why would you think that? I don't even think you're in the ball park but whatever makes you fell better. Keep having your opinions my man....it's all good here.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Corey White was the other guy that was cut along with Michael.

I know that. I was just pointing out that Michael wasn't cut because he didn't wear a suit (which you stated in your video). He was immature and didn't practice well. Wrong kind of guy.......

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Why are you the most hated user on the forum? More importantly, why would you think that? I don't even think you're in the ball park but whatever makes you fell better. Keep having your opinions my man....it's all good here.

The reason I say I'm the most hated user on this forum is because of the regular posters here I have gotten into it with what seems like most of them. As I said earlier I've been called a dumb homer, delusional, and have been told that I'm on crack. I'm not offended or anything, in fact I find all those insults funny.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know that. I was just pointing out that Michael wasn't cut because he didn't wear a suit (which you stated in your video). He was immature and didn't practice well. Wrong kind of guy.......

Huh, I remember reading it was the suit thing and that Garrett didn't like him, guess I remembered wrong. Stupid Garrett.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have seen good Cowboys teams.
On youtube video perhaps. But you're not old enough to have actually seen good Cowboys teams. Clue for you: 22 years ago was the last time we fielded a good team.
even if I'm the most hated user on this forum.
Nobody hates you, you're not nearly worthy of that. If the rest of the members are like me, you're merely hilarious.
As I said earlier I've been called a dumb homer, delusional, and have been told that I'm on crack.
That's quite common here. I own the fucking place, and I've been called all of that and worse. Grow a thinker skin and a pair.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dooms called it before it happened. He called BS on signing Dez to a long term big time contract. He said he would play lights out in his contract year and then go back to being average the following year.

I was one who was on the Dez bandwagon at that time. I can admit it (now)

I was wrong about Dez and he did exactly what Dooms said he would do.

He got his big contract and went back to being average or in some regards below average.

It’s good to see that Dez matured to some degree. But he still lets corners get in his head and get him so wound up that he becomes a non factor throughout the game.

Dez will not be remembered as one of the top receivers of his time

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2.)The point of me posting the video was to show that I recognize bad football.

3.) I have seen good Cowboys teams. Acting like I haven't is a wrong statement.

OK, I'm going to pick on Spiderfan before I do some running around today.

SF, you haven't seen shit. The reason why you're getting so much push back is because of statements like these. You haven't seen "good Cowboy's teams." You simply haven't. You've been conditioned by Jerry and company to think that making the playoffs every few years and watching exciting football (thanks to Romo) is "good football." It's simply not. Your the fan of a team with a storied past.

This team has had HoF caliber coaches when it was winning. Those coaches are just names to you. You look at the stats and think there's some correlation to this current team and it's coaches with the coaches of the past who had losing seasons and came out on top. But you really don't have the benefit of having seen HoF level players and HoF level coaches on Sundays to make an accurate assessment.

It's OK to be a homer to some extent; to be excited about Dak or Zeke. But be accurate in your assessment and reasons why. The reason I pointed out some of your flaws in the video is that you're basing your opinions on false stats/information. And I've only viewed a few seconds of the video. You're the ultimate fanatic and Jerry Jones loves you because you think he's brought you some quality football and winning teams.

You're posting on a forum where guys know the history of the team. They know what they speak of. They've formed their opinions by watching HoF'ers play and coach. They won't give you crazy "likes" for being a homer like CZ. This is not a safe space for young fans like yourself but you can learn a thing or two along the way.

Now here's another piece of advice.......when you shave for the first time, go along the grain until you get the hang of it. Don't shave up and against the grain. While you may think you'll get a closer shave, it'll make you break out because your skin is too sensitive. Thank me later.

Last edited:

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Maybe a better coaching staff would use Dez in a way that makes him more effective? Im almost certain of that. We have ZERO creativity with how to use players in Dallas and have all along with the Red Genius.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe a better coaching staff would use Dez in a way that makes him more effective? Im almost certain of that. We have ZERO creativity with how to use players in Dallas and have all along with the Red Genius.
Yes I've been conceding all along, that we give Dez zero help from a scheme standpoint. Opponents tried all the stuff we see with Dez, on Michael Irvin and we simply didn't let it continue. We would move him around, put him in motion, throw to him from the slot, you name it. All the stuff you don't see this team, do with Dez.

Is it because Dez can't do these things? Or is it more likely, the obstinate 'system' coach and his goobs inflexibility?

Either way, none of this relieves Dez of his own flaws and foibles. We could do better helping him out, but he could do much more by just improving his game and honing his craft.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Spidey, go to your room while your mother and I discuss your punishment for being a homer.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Yes I've been conceding all along, that we give Dez zero help from a scheme standpoint. Opponents tried all the stuff we see with Dez, on Michael Irvin and we simply didn't let it continue. We would move him around, put him in motion, throw to him from the slot, you name it. All the stuff you don't see this team, do with Dez.

Is it because Dez can't do these things? Or is it more likely, the obstinate 'system' coach and his goobs inflexibility?

Either way, none of this relieves Dez of his own flaws and foibles. We could do better helping him out, but he could do much more by just improving his game and honing his craft.

But Dez honing his craft would take coaches that could actually help him do that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dooms called it before it happened. He called BS on signing Dez to a long term big time contract.
I wasn't against keeping Dez. I was against signing him to a idiotic $70 million long term deal without first letting him shop the market. It was my belief he wouldn't get much interest. And when he didn't we would be in a much better position to negotiate a short-term, performance incentive-laden, deal that made sense. And if some idiot team offered him the big mega deal? Fine. Draft a hot young WR to replace the fuck.

I still see zero sense in signing most veterans to long term deals when rookies come so cheap and are hungry to make a splash. The exception to this of course is QBs, LBs and OL-DL guys under special circumstances. WRs and RBs are a fucking dime a dozen via the draft. To me it makes no sense to sign these to lucrative long-term deals.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But Dez honing his craft would take coaches that could actually help him do that.
It would take listening to guys like Jason Witten for advice and help, and hiring your own receiver guru for private offseason coaching. The word "effort" comes to mind. Dez makes NO effort to hone his craft. He doesn't listen to the coaching he does get.

Top Bottom