Reaction score
Didn't a ton of college grads apply at mcdonaldS when they hired 50K on 1 day. The jobs aren't there and Warren buffet detailed why the trickle down is bullshit.

I'm cool w/ community service if they cannot find a 9 to 5.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
They should curb what people can use their stipends on though. That would be a start. I mean the American dream is not to have luxurys living the life subsisting on welfare checks. So we wouldn't be infringing on that right.

Reaction score
Is the American dream to work 9 to 5 and have to choose between a hot meal or car insurance? Let alone luxuries like emergency surgery.

Raising the minimum wage would help.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And yet many great Americans actually worked longer, harder and came from much less to fulfill that American dream. People such as Andrew Carnegie. So don't give me that BS and tell your cousins to get off welfare lol

Reaction score
Related: my aunts childs father dated Chelsea handler.

He's in jail now and also once dragged my grandmother half a block by her purse that had $10k in it

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's not the govt's responsibility.

Sure it is. The government has to provide value to it's citizens in order to remain viable - otherwise why have it? Caring for less fortunate citizens is a mark of civilized society and is a huge advance in social evolution. So if we as citizens decide that government's job is to do things like protect us, provide us with amenities and care for our less fortunate and we in turn will give the government money in the form of taxes, then it becomes the government's responsibility to do so.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And yet many great Americans actually worked longer, harder and came from much less to fulfill that American dream. People such as Andrew Carnegie. So don't give me that BS and tell your cousins to get off welfare lol

Plymkr

Reaction score
Is the American dream to work 9 to 5 and have to choose between a hot meal or car insurance? Let alone luxuries like emergency surgery.

Raising the minimum wage would help.

Shit, I was lied to then.

I didn't know that the American Dream was to have some work their asses off. While others gulp outta the bucket and don't do jack shit.

Oh, wait, The new "guilt" American Dream.

Got it.

Reaction score
Sure it is. The government has to provide value to it's citizens in order to remain viable - otherwise why have it? Caring for less fortunate citizens is a mark of civilized society and is a huge advance in social evolution. So if we as citizens decide that government's job is to do things like protect us, provide us with amenities and care for our less fortunate and we in turn will give the government money in the form of taxes, then it becomes the government's responsibility to do so.

Communities and churches are to be chiefly responsible for taking care of the poor and less fortunate.
And, I don't recall mentioning anything about protection. Certain things are provided with our tax money to serve everyone, like protection and amenities such as highways, etc. But taking from one group just to give to another isn't.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Communities and churches are to be chiefly responsible for taking care of the poor and less fortunate.

lol. No.
And, I don't recall mentioning anything about protection. Certain things are provided with our tax money to serve everyone, like protection and amenities such as highways, etc. But taking from one group just to give to another isn't.

They all fall under the same category. After all, unless you want to argue that we don't give the poor protection or allow them to drive on our roads, they are again simply taking from the nation's earners to provide amenities for the takers. We accept this as a society because it is good for our society in general, rather than creating a world where only those with money can afford to "exist" in our society.

Reaction score
lol. No.

lol. Yes

They all fall under the same category. After all, unless you want to argue that we don't give the poor protection or allow them to drive on our roads, they are again simply taking from the nation's earners to provide amenities for the takers. We accept this as a society because it is good for our society in general, rather than creating a world where only those with money can afford to "exist" in our society.

Everyone is benefiting from protection and amenities such as roads, etc. Stark contrast to just taking from earners and giving to non-earners where only the non-earner benefits.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol. Yes

lmao no. We can't count on churches to do anything but molest children - I guess "communities" can handle it...in the form of government. But we can't simply count on charity to take care of these people, it just doesn't work. Rather if we all contribute in the form of taxes, the overall burden is shared and we can make sure people are receiving their assistance through the proper channels.

Plymkr

Reaction score
lmao no. We can't count on churches to do anything but molest children - I guess "communities" can handle it...in the form of government. But we can't simply count on charity to take care of these people, it just doesn't work. Rather if we all contribute in the form of taxes, the overall burden is shared and we can make sure people are receiving their assistance through the proper channels.

Anytime you feel like writing a fat old check to help em out. Feel free.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anytime you feel like writing a fat old check to help em out. Feel free.

I pay a decent amount in taxes. I make a good salary, and don't have any children so the best I can do on taxes is the standard deduction (so I end up paying plenty every year). I don't know if that counts for much, but I'm more than happy knowing that part of that money goes toward helping the needy and those that can't help themselves. I wish I had more to give! lol

But times are tough and even though I'm still doing relatively well I make about half what I did five years ago. Hopefully these morons who are suggesting that we do away with these programs never fall upon a time when THEY need to take advantage of them - but if they do it's nice to know that they're there, and they won't have to beg and grovel for the charity of others.

Reaction score

If many weren't overtaxed then they'd have more to give to the church and charities. And obviously the government welfare system isn't working too well either. And unlike what it's become, it's not supposed to be a way of life which it is for quite a few. Or a way for many to get free food so they can spend their money on beer and cigs.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If many weren't overtaxed then they'd have more to give to the church and charities. And obviously the government welfare system isn't working too well either. And unlike what it's become, it's not supposed to be a way of life which it is for quite a few. Or a way for many to get free food so they can spend their money on beer and cigs.

Or a way to make baseless generalizations about what poor people are doing with their government assistance.

Top Bottom