Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only one with any production was Dunbar and now he's gone for the season

Now we are left with Randall and his 289 yards on 74 carries for a 3.9 average with 4 TD's. He has more TD's than Weeden (2) and Romo (3)

And that is truly sad

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well Dez was at practice today in full pads to that's a good sign! Maybe he will make it back for the NYG game

With Dez back Cassell will look like a superstar compared to Weeden

Looks like Weeden saw his last game as a Cowboy for his birthday

Weeden will be a casualty of the off season of not before. Finally they will give up on him now that they realize he's not worth a damn

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Claiborne - No brain.

It's funny, at some boards people are whining nonstop about the Pats running all those pick plays. Well, that's just what you do to teams who play so much man to man like we do. You'd be stupid not to. But even Laufenberg said very early in the game that that's exactly what they'd do to either be effective or to force us to play more zone than we want.

And what's one of the main reasons we don't play more zone? Because Claiborne is too dumb to get it. You don't have to be very smart to just stick with the guy in front of you.

But it does make you very predictable, and I'm sure more teams will do this to us in the future.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Prince Amukawhatever is out a month for the G-men. every little bit helps.

Reaction score
If the hope is still to make the playoffs, this game is about as must win as it gets for October.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If the hope is still to make the playoffs, this game is about as must win as it gets for October.
Yep it is easy to see we were fortunate in that our major star injuries came early. But we gotta get some wins without them or we can kiss the season goodbye.

We just dropped two winnable games though, hoping that doesn't come back to haunt us.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It is a must win, and I pretty much expect us to win. It'll help that they're coming off a short week from Philly.

But most of all, we're getting a bunch of talent back.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
What's all this Dez back for the Giants game talk? I thought had an 8 week recovery?
He got some shot in his foot and the bone miraculously heals? Doesn't seem realistic, his bones are no different than anyone else's; I wonder if he's not being prodded by our chief surgeon/GM.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They have been saying they expect him to be back for the NYG game for a couple weeks now

It will all depend on the x rays they take next week

It will either show he's good to go or not

But him bring back on the practice field is a good thing

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
They have been saying they expect him to be back for the NYG game for a couple weeks now

It will all depend on the x rays they take next week

It will either show he's good to go or not

But him bring back on the practice field is a good thing

I hope it isn't rushed, Julio Jones had some good advice and Idiot Jones just broke the bank for him. It won't serve anyone well to come back too soon and cause further damage due to impatience. I want him and Romo back, but not unhealed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree
But even with how desperate Jerry is I doubt he would go against a doctors findings on the final X ray before next Sunday

Reaction score
Every injury is different... From the week after the injury, the team and Dez have been saying 4-6 weeks. Julio Jones and other doctors not affiliated with the team speculated longer time frames, but they don't know the specifics of Dez's injury. Maybe it's not as severe as Jones' was.

That said, I agree, until he's 100% I don't want him out there.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Every injury is different... From the week after the injury, the team and Dez have been saying 4-6 weeks. Julio Jones and other doctors not affiliated with the team speculated longer time frames, but they don't know the specifics of Dez's injury. Maybe it's not as severe as Jones' was.
I wonder if it really was a Jones fracture. I suspect the DMN reported that based on it being a fifth metatarsal break, but not every one of those is a Jones fracture. It depends on where the fracture is.

If it were, I doubt he could be coming back this soon. Or at least it wouldn't be smart for him to.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope Dez is cleared to play vs NYG

We can certainly use him especially with it being Cassell's first game with the star on his helmet. He can use all the help he can get.

We gotta stay up on NYG so they don't run off with the division

Reaction score
One thing about Eli is that he does not do well against a good pass rush. If they pressure him and Micheal can run the ball enough to help us control time of possession, it'll be a good day.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One thing about Eli is that he does not do well against a good pass rush. If they pressure him and Micheal can run the ball enough to help us control time of possession, it'll be a good day.

That's exactly what I was thinking too

I also have a future prediction

"If" Sam Bradford is still the QB when we play Philly he will get sacked 3-4 times at least and will either get injured or pulled and replaced by Sanchez

Either way Bradford doesn't make it out of the Dallas game as the starting QB

Top Bottom