MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Your mom is! (Whoever wants to take offense, have at it)

Increase this team's sacks number to about 45 (with a comparable increase in QB pressures) get a better pair of safeties, put Lee out there instead of Brookings and you'll see the pass defense ranked 10th or better.

Reaction score
lol I love technicalities. You were only saying 4 starters and then a few DEs to work into a rotation which is something we were already doing so clearly half the starting lineup was a gross exaggeration on my part.

You can't see 4 new starters on this D next year? Hell i think its a lock that we'll have 3, 4 wouldn't suprise me one bit. Both safety spots, new ILB, and any spot on the DL.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You can't see 4 new starters on this D next year? Hell i think its a lock that we'll have 3, 4 wouldn't suprise me one bit. Both safety spots, new ILB, and any spot on the DL.

I think there will be 3 new starters. Spears and Olshansky will be back. So 2 safeties and Sean Lee.

I forgot about Von Miller, so you're right, 4 new starters.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1 maybe 2 safeties, Sean Lee doesn't really count (imo for what we were talking about if you go back and look) and maybe one new DE if we don't re-sign Spears.

sbk92

Reaction score
If they move Ratliff to DE, you have two new starters right there.

Sean Lee should start. I'd bet we have a new starting safety. At least one.

If we use that first round pick on a defensive player, he's probably gonna start. I doubt that player will be a NT, so that's another new starter added to the list.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am curious about the NT from Baylor, Phil Taylor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117626

Pass rush: Though his job is usually not to provide primary pass rush, he can push the pocket with strength and flashes quickness off the snap and a swim move to get past lesser centers. Gives good effort to reach the quarterback if he sits in the pocket too long. Tries violent hands to shed blocks. Not very effective on inside twists, though he can take out the left tackle when twisting outside to free up the defensive end. Once stood up by initial contact, it's tough for him to re-start his rush.

Likewise. I've mentioned Taylor a number of times. Wouldn't mind picking him up in the second, but he's not available, Kenrick Ellis is another to be looked at. He could be had maybe in the 4th.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think there will be 3 new starters. Spears and Olshansky will be back. So 2 safeties and Sean Lee.

I forgot about Von Miller, so you're right, 4 new starters.

You are really off. First with Pasq, with Miller, and now Spears returning---even though he finished the season on IR and and they did not offer him and extension like they did with Ratliff, you're convinmced he's coming back---ok . If Miller starts it will not be with the Cowboys.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If they move Ratliff to DE, you have two new starters right there.

Sean Lee should start. I'd bet we have a new starting safety. At least one.

If we use that first round pick on a defensive player, he's probably gonna start. I doubt that player will be a NT, so that's another new starter added to the list.

If the Cowboys draft a DE and move Ratliff to DE, then you got 3 new starters just on the Dline. With Lee starting and then two new safeties, you have 6 new starters.

sbk92

Reaction score
Which are you referring to the moving of Ratliff?

Not likely that we would have 6 new starters on defense.

Hell, we might not even have a free agency this year.

I don't know if we'll move Ratliff. I think we should.

Top Bottom