bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The health thing is the bigger issue. If he shows he is healthy and no further problems with the back AND has a really good year then signing him to a multi year deal is absolutely the right thing to do.

Rewarding "glimpses of dominance" is how we got stuck with Crawford.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1. I said he is a good rotational player which points to 8 sacks a year being "good".

A guy that starts at one of the DL spots, gets 7-8 sacks and plays the run well is more than just a "rotational player" in this league.

2. He's obviously not THE solution to what is ailing the passrush or there would be no need for the war daddy.

If he were healthy (big if) he's a great fit for what he was in 2015. The LDE spot with someone with some special ability at RDE.

3. I do remember the draft vividly and, like the AOA and Wilcox picks, there were measley leftovers of the upper tier regarded picks. By the time Dallas HAD to make a move, the choices were very few and not great.

WTF? AOA? Wilcox? These were small school guys who played ok at their small schools and got overvalued based on some workouts. DLaw was a really good player at a really solid program. Guys like AOA or Wilcox were always thought of middle round talents. DLaw was expected to go much earlier than that and did.

4. Fails the eyeball test for freakish ability. Can't depend on his size or speed or bend or hustle. When he does make plays it's just because the situation was good for him. No team is gameplanning to stop him like a Ware or maybe one of the EDGE players in the current draft.

He will never be a Dware, Von Miller or JJ Watt, but it doesn't mean he cant be a really solid NFL starter. And there's nothing wrong with him being that. But he has to get healthy, otherwise he's useless like he was last year.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wouldnt trust this guy if he got paid any further than I could throw him. From the looks of things I couldnt even pick him up.

Top Bottom