Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Would you guys rather Dallas trade down?

I've been looking at most prospect rankings and I don't like the area we'll be choosing at, sans DeCastro.

This may be the 1st year in a while where I'd like Dallas to move down in the 1st round.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Depends on who is still there, how far would we drop, what we'd receive, etc...

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
PLENTY of players to choose from

DeCastro
Kirkpatrick
Jenkins
Coples
Perry
Barron
Konz
Brockers
Upshaw

I'll be ok w any of these at 14

Reaction score
If we take Jenkins, I'm going to be pissed.

But I agree with NoDak... depends on who else is on the board, what our options are, etc.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Konz or the best OL available. Even if it's a tackle, move em to guard and start em.

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I go with Hightower trade back a bit pick up a extra 2nd or 3rd

hes my surprise pick - he could line up anywhere

with James an Brookinsare both gone we need another big ILBER

Showcases good foot quickness for his size, natural balance when trying to change directions and can pick his way through the line of scrimmage

Exhibits "plus" instincts inside and displays a sixth sense of when he needs to attack downhill and run through/take on a block for a negative play or shed and make the tackle. Is very natural making quick decisions on the fly and creating impact plays

Used a lot as a pass rusher off the edge in nickel situations. Looks natural sitting into his stance and has a good first step. Loves to work the inside move, gain leverage and overpower on contact. Exhibits natural explosion as a bull rush guy and despite lacking ideal know how to shed, he can push the pocket. Demonstrates just enough of a first step to reach the corner, is violent with his hands when working the club/swat to keep himself clean and will try to drop his pad level and dip under blockers

Impression: Looks like a potential impact caliber 34-inside linebacker who has the skill set to win inside vs. the run and create pressure on third down as a savvy rush guy as well.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Konz or the best OL available. Even if it's a tackle, move em to guard and start em.

No. You don't do that. You take either one of the pass rushers like Upshaw, and then try for one of the guards in the 2nd or 3rd---preferably Zeitler. This draft is deep with OGs, that if we do not get DeCastro, we do not need to reach and for certain to draft an OT and convert him to OG.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would you guys rather Dallas trade down?

I've been looking at most prospect rankings and I don't like the area we'll be choosing at, sans DeCastro.

This may be the 1st year in a while where I'd like Dallas to move down in the 1st round.

Depends on who else is available. Decastro would be a great add, but he wont be the only guy worth taking at 14.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No. You don't do that. You take either one of the pass rushers like Upshaw, and then try for one of the guards in the 2nd or 3rd---preferably Zeitler. This draft is deep with OGs, that if we do not get DeCastro, we do not need to reach and for certain to draft an OT and convert him to OG.

This draft is deep at guard, correct..not center

Center is this teams biggest weakness. Take Konz at 14 and you don't have to worry about that position for 7-10 years..he's not my #1 option, but I wouldn't mind him one bit

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Center is this teams biggest weakness. Take Konz at 14 and you don't have to worry about that position for 7-10 years..he's not my #1 option, but I wouldn't mind him one bit

Sorry, Center is NOT this team's biggest weakness. Konz is a major reach at 14. And what if Konz and DeCastro both are gone at #14, since we are going to play this stupid game?

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, Center is NOT this team's biggest weakness. Konz is a major reach at 14. And what if Konz and DeCastro both are gone at #14, since we are going to play this stupid game?

I dont know that he's a huge reach, maybe a slight one. I've seen him in the top 20's now of a few prospect ratings.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Center is only a major weakness if Costa is back starting and no better than he was this past year.

I think Kowalski has alot of upside there.

And I dont agree that C is anywhere near the teams biggest weakness.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score

So what? Who said anything about Konz being the be all end all? Draft Jenkins or a pass rusher and move on...

Last edited:
Top Bottom