cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Romo/Prescott dynamic would actually be appealing to a big name coach. The offense in general should be.

Whoever comes in needs to make wholesale changes to the defense. Can't win anything with those guys.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We need someone to come in and shape Dak, Im getting real scared he's gonna be ruined by this organization. We've already seen them piss Romos career away

I actually think he is pretty tough mentally. I worry more about his accuracy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd like to see Meyer, Harbaugh or even Nick Saban. I think Saban might be talked out of Alabama, what is left to accomplish there? He went 8 and 8 for Miami with no QB. None of those guys are coming here though because they wont be "comfortable" with Jerry as wanna be GM.

too bad, what a dream it would be to see a coach chewing ass at the end of a game his team is kicking ass in because he understands if you want to pursue excellence, you can never let up.

Nick Saban yells at Lane Kiffin - YouTube

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I actually think he is pretty tough mentally. I worry more about his accuracy.

I do too but dont you think he'd grow to his max potential with the best coaching possible?

After watching the backups last year and Daks first game, it really feels like someone is telling these guys, "just dont screw up, just dont screw up, check it down if you have to but just dont screw up!!" and that causes paralysis.

Reminds me of the Jimmy Johnson story about putting a 2x4 on the ground and telling his players they could walk across it no problem. But if he put it ten feet up in the air on a couple of ladders and asked them to walk, most couldn't do it because they would be thinking about falling instead of just walking across the 2x4.

That negative shit gets in a players head and I dont want Dak ruined by Garrett's conservative nonsense

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Close. My bet is he would have demanded changes on defense.

Oh I have no doubt he'd dump some guys, but just saying if he was coaching this exact same group of players I do think the results would be different.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
too bad, what a dream it would be to see a coach chewing ass at the end of a game his team is kicking ass in because he understands if you want to pursue excellence, you can never let up.

Big difference between him and Clapper, that's for sure

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I would hope another non playoff season would finally be enough for that Jack Daniels infused GM to see that Garrett is just not the answer.

I think Prescott showing he is the legit potential answer at QB might enhance the team to some potential coaches, knowing they dont have to go into a situation and continue to look for the next franchise QB etc etc. So I hope he plays well regardless of our record.

Further, Garrett has pretty much lived off the "When Romo goes down the QB play is bad" garbage for years, and if Prescott plays well he doesnt have that excuse anymore.

I agree, but go a step further. How about we just hope that Dak lights it up but the team lets him down (like a Garrett-coached team is poised to do to anyone who lines up under C) and we finish 8-8 or something? That way we get rid of Garrett and Romo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, but go a step further. How about we just hope that Dak lights it up but the team lets him down (like a Garrett-coached team is poised to do to anyone who lines up under C) and we finish 6-10 or something? That way we get rid of Garrett and Romo.

Yep

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's a little early to tell, but I think it's fair to say that we all lopped off a bit too much of that cheese concerning Dak.

Wetz looks like a star (especially considering the comp he faced and how little he played in it); meanwhile Dak looks like a tier 20-25 starting QB (at best). Not bad for a 4th round pick.

Here's to hoping that he fulfills the immense promise that he showed in preseason though.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wonder how Goff is feeling after this weekend though?

Wetz is throwing bombs and Dak is earing rave reviews for the poise he's showing. Meanwhile he's stuck 3rd on the bench because he can't pick up the NFL game fast enough.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Gruden is the most logical next choice.

I'm willing to deal with a proven coach who fails, rather than a failure who fails.

Considering Gruden's man love for Dak that's actually very possible. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Gruden lobby for the job because of Dak.

The guy I would love for them to hire is Harbaugh. That will never happen though as long as the Johnnie Walker Blue is coursing through Jerry's veins.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I agree, but go a step further. How about we just hope that Dak lights it up but the team lets him down (like a Garrett-coached team is poised to do to anyone who lines up under C) and we finish 8-8 or something? That way we get rid of Garrett and Romo.

That's exactly what I think will happen. Just like this week, Dak will play well enough to win but the defense and/or the play calling will cause the loss. I was thinking 8-8 before week 1 but now I'm leaning more towards 6-10. Keep in mind I'm fully expecting Romo to come back and then get hurt again.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It's a little early to tell, but I think it's fair to say that we all lopped off a bit too much of that cheese concerning Dak.

Wetz looks like a star (especially considering the comp he faced and how little he played in it); meanwhile Dak looks like a tier 20-25 starting QB (at best). Not bad for a 4th round pick.

Here's to hoping that he fulfills the immense promise that he showed in preseason though.

Pretty much. The potential is still there and he's played really well for a 4th round pick but, some of his flaws did show. I really hope that Jerry realizes that he's got to get rid of this staff and bring in a coach that's good with QB's. I have zero faith in Red or Wade Wilson.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder how Goff is feeling after this weekend though?

Wetz is throwing bombs and Dak is earing rave reviews for the poise he's showing. Meanwhile he's stuck 3rd on the bench because he can't pick up the NFL game fast enough.

The LA press is all over Fisher and demanding Goff be made the starter. Saying if we are going to give up the farm to move up to get this kid than he needs to be starting

Especially after Wentz and Dak faired well in their first start

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The LA press is all over Fisher and demanding Goff be made the starter. Saying if we are going to give up the farm to move up to get this kid than he needs to be starting

Especially after Wentz and Dak faired well in their first start

It feels like this has the makings of an RG3 crash and burn

Top Bottom