Reaction score
Bernie-Sanders-Corporate-Tax-4001.jpg

Reaction score
I have a Bank of America Mastercard. I think I'm going to stop making payments and tell them to fuck off.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have a Bank of America Mastercard. I think I'm going to stop making payments and tell them to fuck off.

I am feeling I should do the same. Especially when I saw they are signing up to give big money to perry. I am pretty close to changing all my accounts to a new bank.....

problem is all these banks are jerkoffs and need to be heavily regulated...

so maybe I will live on cash in the future and keep my money in a hole in the backyard and tell them all to go fuck themselves......

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Fuck banks.

Much is made of the real estate meltdown,and rightfully so.

But the banks also threw out ridiculous loans and bought some real shitty paper from '04 to mid '08 or so.

Lots of businesses sold big ticket retail items on way less than stellar credit.Just like real estate,these businesses grew like weeds. Until they couldn't get loans for people w/good credit,much less Cletus and Betty Sue.
And they wouldn't give out loans to help the businesses they helped elevate.
Lots of people lost their ass and all the plumbing.
Then the banks got bailed out.

So yeah,fuck them.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Looking like a good matress pad and a .45 is gonna protect my money.

Fuck Banks, Credit Cards, all of it.

I say fuck the oil companies too but, the beast needs fuel.

Cythim

Reaction score
lol the oil company can rape you because you haven't learned how to use less of their product

Reaction score
lol the oil company can rape you because you haven't learned how to use less of their product

And it's not going to change anytime soon.

With the technology we have, we can't come up with an alternative energy source?

I hate America.

theogt

Reaction score
Corporations should not pay any taxes at all. The taxes should flow through to the shareholders. When corporations pay taxes, they shift the cost to employees first, and then to customers. Thus, corporate taxes are simply shifting wealth from employees and customers to shareholders. If corporations did not pay taxes, wages would rise and goods and services produced by said corporations would be cheaper.

The corporate income tax is just an indirect tax on employees, customers, and shareholders. It's a way for the government to raise taxes in a politically expedient manner. I don't like taxes, but I prefer that when taxed to be taxed in a direct manner, so the consequences are more apparent.

theogt

Reaction score
Fuck banks.

Much is made of the real estate meltdown,and rightfully so.

But the banks also threw out ridiculous loans and bought some real shitty paper from '04 to mid '08 or so.

Lots of businesses sold big ticket retail items on way less than stellar credit.Just like real estate,these businesses grew like weeds. Until they couldn't get loans for people w/good credit,much less Cletus and Betty Sue.
And they wouldn't give out loans to help the businesses they helped elevate.
Lots of people lost their ass and all the plumbing.
Then the banks got bailed out.

So yeah,fuck them.
Banks didn't buy shitty paper. Investors bought shitty paper. Banks just packaged it and sold it to them. The demand for the shitty paper is what caused the banks to facilitate the supply.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Banks didn't buy shitty paper. Investors bought shitty paper. Banks just packaged it and sold it to them. The demand for the shitty paper is what caused the banks to facilitate the supply.

I sold the bank some pretty shitty paper.

theogt

Reaction score
Looking like a good matress pad and a .45 is gonna protect my money.

Fuck Banks, Credit Cards, all of it.

I say fuck the oil companies too but, the beast needs fuel.
My bank gives me free money for using my credit card. I pay no fees for using the credit card. Credit cards rock, if you know how to use them.

theogt

Reaction score
1. Exxon Mobil's 2009 profits totaled $19 billion, yet according to its SEC filings, the company received a $156 million rebate from the IRS plus, it didn't pay any federal taxes.
This is from the OP.

I pulled up XOM's 2009 annual report. They had $19.2 billion of net income in 2009. And they paid $15.4 billion in income taxes in 2009. They didn't pay that to the U.S. federal government, but the vast majority of their operations are not in the U.S. Their total taxes for 2009 was $78.6 billion.

Also, they did not receive a $156 million rebate from the IRS. Their total U.S. tax liability was $(156) million, but they did not receive a REBATE for that amount.

Facts make all the difference.

Last edited:

theogt

Reaction score
Also, Bank of America didn't receive a $1.9 billion refund. I'm sure the whole list is full of errors. Pretty much can just disregard it as junk at this point.

Top Bottom