dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's say for the sake of argument that Dallas finishes as the 5th seed and a WC again.

Our likely 1st round matchup would be at Tampa or at New Orleans. We have not played well on the road this year, what if we lost in the WC round?

I wonder what happens to McCarthy and Quinn if this plays out. Same for Prescott, would the Cowboys be inclined to extend him if they fail at this level? Especially if he has another game or two like the Buffalo game (and ESPECIALLY if it were a playoff performance like that)

Even if we win (we'd be favored over either team), wonder what the Jones' would do if they played poorly in the divisional round (again) and lost (whether it be at Philly, Detroit or San Fran).

There's a legendary HC that is probably coaching his last games in the northeast, and supposedly he wants to continue coaching rather than retire. I kind of think he should retire, but it would be an interesting scenario. Belichick would have a pretty good roster in place here and would probably bring some toughness and accountability to everyone, incl the defense. He supposedly likes Prescott as a QB and we know he loves Micah Parsons. For Jones, making a move to someone like Belichick would dampen the sure to come criticism for the teams postseason failure (again) and would make the Cowboys the most talked about team in sports for the entire offseason. It would actually be a bigger story than the Super Bowl itself.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
failure has never stopped jerry from doubling down, so who knows if mccarthy gets fired even if DAL loses in the 1st round

belichick is still a pretty good defensive coach. if he had a solid OC to handle everything on offense, then i think it would be a pretty cool scenario to watch play out.

but DAL would need to keep mcclay as GM....... belichick should not even be given a key to the front office or draft room.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
After Parcells, Jerry said he doesn't want to "walk around on eggshells." That alone, plus Jerry's ego, tells us Belichick ain't coming here. Dak will get his extension no matter what because he's effective for the most part, we're in no position to draft an elite replacement, and we have the laziest front office in all of football.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
MM stays, Quinn leaves for Sand Diego and Dak gets another contract. Dak will keep the stands full. I mean, look at us.....after 8 years, we're still saying things like...."the next 3 games will tell us X..." Jerry loves you guys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After Parcells, Jerry said he doesn't want to "walk around on eggshells." That alone, plus Jerry's ego, tells us Belichick ain't coming here.
I guess I'd say the one thing that's different since he made that comment is his age. He has to know every day that goes by now he is closer and closer to never seeing his team win big again. He did the Parcells thing because he was desperate to get support for JerryWorld, he might do something like Belichick because he is desperate to finally get over the top again.

And I think Belichick might be open to it because he wants to break the alltime W's record and win a championship without Brady. None of the other openings will have a roster as ready-made as the Cowboys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Let's say for the sake of argument that Dallas finishes as the 5th seed and a WC again.

Our likely 1st round matchup would be at Tampa or at New Orleans. We have not played well on the road this year, what if we lost in the WC round?

I wonder what happens to McCarthy and Quinn if this plays out. Same for Prescott, would the Cowboys be inclined to extend him if they fail at this level? Especially if he has another game or two like the Buffalo game (and ESPECIALLY if it were a playoff performance like that)

Even if we win (we'd be favored over either team), wonder what the Jones' would do if they played poorly in the divisional round (again) and lost (whether it be at Philly, Detroit or San Fran).

There's a legendary HC that is probably coaching his last games in the northeast, and supposedly he wants to continue coaching rather than retire. I kind of think he should retire, but it would be an interesting scenario. Belichick would have a pretty good roster in place here and would probably bring some toughness and accountability to everyone, incl the defense. He supposedly likes Prescott as a QB and we know he loves Micah Parsons. For Jones, making a move to someone like Belichick would dampen the sure to come criticism for the teams postseason failure (again) and would make the Cowboys the most talked about team in sports for the entire offseason. It would actually be a bigger story than the Super Bowl itself.

there's one problem with any and all optimism expressed above:

1703019225102.png

NO WAY he has the guts and foresight to pass on extending Dak, he'll overpay, box the team into a corner and be proud of it harping on every mic he can find

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
During an appearance on FS1’s “The Herd,” former Patriots player Julian Edelman dismissed the idea of Belichick joining the Carolina Panthers but instead suggested that he should consider coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Edelman emphasized the Cowboys’ top-tier offensive line and talented roster, suggesting that Belichick’s presence could bring fundamental soundness to the team and improve their performance, especially Considering some of the issues with penalties and clock management that current Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy has faced.

https://fanrecap.com/article-480731/

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We're gonna win the fuckin super bowl like I said in fuckin September... The NFC title game is gonna be at home cuz the fairy niners get bumt off in divisional round... And our fuckin opponent gone be the fuckin Brown Bugs. Bookmark me

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We're gonna win the fuckin super bowl like I said in fuckin September... The NFC title game is gonna be at home cuz the fairy niners get bumt off in divisional round... And our fuckin opponent gone be the fuckin Brown Bugs. Bookmark me

I thought I heard you say you quit drinking?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I told you fuckin jerks a coupla years ago that Cleveland would make da soup bow before we would. That ring a fuckin bell? I can search up that post if knead bee

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I told you fuckin jerks a coupla years ago that Cleveland would make da soup bow before we would. That ring a fuckin bell? I can search up that post if knead bee
I remember.

But it aint happening this year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can't read apparently.

Cleveland gets there before we do. Just like I said. We win. Just like I said.

The AFC Championship game happens BEFORE the NFC Championship game.

This post didn’t age well and it’s only a few hours old

Top Bottom