Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this means they are open to trading to other teams besides Houston and Denver.

I think this news was made with Houston and Denver in mind. They're not taking the bait thus far. This is how Jerry is trying to get them to blink.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this means they are open to trading to other teams besides Houston and Denver.

The Cowboys assuredly are. Romo might not be though.

On the other hand, this gives some teams outside the Texans/Broncos duo a possible thought on jumping in on the Romo "sweepstakes". Now they can talk directly to Romo about not only what kind of contract they could give him, but potentially try to sell them on why coming to their team makes sense. Jacksonville immediately comes to my mind.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys assuredly are. Romo might not be though.

On the other hand, this gives some teams outside the Texans/Broncos duo a possible thought on jumping in on the Romo "sweepstakes". Now they can talk directly to Romo about not only what kind of contract they could give him, but potentially try to sell them on why coming to their team makes sense. Jacksonville immediately comes to my mind.

Jacksonville definitely comes to mind. I'm also wondering what Pittsburgh is thinking considering Ben hasn't made his mind up about retiring or not.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jacksonville definitely comes to mind. I'm also wondering what Pittsburgh is thinking considering Ben hasn't made his mind up about retiring or not.

Thought I read somewhere a few weeks ago he told them he was coming back.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you like how i organically came out with that romo news drop? that tells me that god wants me here at dcu, providing twitter news updates for you worthless assholes who will just make a whole new thread about it and destroy my glory.

that's ok tho, head held high. #ClearEyeView

happy tuesday, we can finally stop talking about tony romo trades.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
George Dunham has been calling this for a few days now, fwiw.

And some people act like the local media don't know anything.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I meant how one day Jerry Jones is giving teams permission to talk to Romo and the next; he's retiring and taking up a job at CBS.

I guess he figured he'd save face and retire once he realized his phone wasn't ringing now that the rest of the NFL teams had permission to talk to him

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett is happy and breathing a sigh of relief. Last thing he would need is for Romo to go elsewhere and WIN.

Top Bottom