Reaction score
Despite all the teeth-gnashing over Jason Garrett/Rob Ryan/Doug Free/Idiot Jerry, etc.... wouldn't you as a fan really enjoy it if these Cowboys could rally and make a run?

I'm not saying win the Super Bowl, because we're far too banged up and undercoached for that.

But as much as I want Garrett gone and I think we'd do well with a higher draft pick, I'd absolutely love it if the team somehow, someway won out, won the division, shat on the Giants, shat on the Redskins, won a playoff game and made some noise.

How could you not enjoy that?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I want us to win every game regardless. The only time I've "hoped" for a loss was the last game in 1988, when I knew we had to lose (and Green bay had to win, whcih they did) so we could draft Aikman #1

Making a run into the playoffs would be sweet. Its improbable but it would definitely be sweet.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
It would be awesome. Only downside would be Jerry thinking we're close when this is far from a consistent or dominant (even occasionally) team

I don't get this team. Major injuries, coaching is suspect at best, major holes but they hang around. Played some good teams close....but played bad teams close too.

Reaction score
When the Cowboys are still in the playoff race, it makes it fun to watch. It would make a feel good story.

Reaction score
Plus it would shut up all the ****** Romo bashers. Or at least, not give them more ammo.

FFS get Romo and offensive line so this guy can win a Championship. I'm so tired of everyone faulting Romo with all the Cowboys problems.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Do the Romo bashers really bother you that much? They're just ignorant, superficial football retards.

It would suck if they were right about him, but we know they aren't.

Reaction score
In a word, yes.

Well, they don't bother me so much as they think just by mentioning Romo in a discussion is akin to saying "Checkmate" in chess.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
This is what this team is known for. Make a little noise and get your hopes up only to squash it like a grape under a dump truck when it's all said and done. I never root for the Cowboys to lose, I just expect them to lose. They have proven time and time again to come up small when it matters the most.

Can they continue a run for another game or two? Anything is possible. If it comes down to the Redskins game as a do or die game I don't like this teams chances. I've watched this movie a few times over and it always has the same ending.

Reaction score
"A run" would lead Jerry to believe the team is set, but in reality, would entail getting destroyed in either the wild card or divisional round, followed by lucrative extensions for the entire secondary, oline, and coaching staff. Then another special teams draft and 4-5 more years of futility. Then Romo would retire, and Ginger would become player/coach in order to live out his dream of finally being a full-time NFL starting QB. We'd never run the ball again bc he'd need to make up for 20 years of passes that he was never allowed to throw.

Also at that point, all of the children that the entire Ginger family are spawning at valley ranch right now will become old enough to be drafted to the team. We'll have the first fully ginger coaching staff and fully ginger draft class in NFL history. Which means we'll also promptly become the first team ever to go multiple consecutive seasons without a victory. By then, not even Terminex, the Orkin man, and a nuclear bomb combined would be able to get rid of all the Garretts. Roaches would even flee, knowing that the turf war is not winnable. The only way to kill them at that point would be to cut off all their access to sunscreen. That would be fairly difficult.

I'd think I'd rather see us lose out, hire Sean Payton, and then win some Super Bowls instead.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I still think Romo will be sidelined before the year is over.

This thing is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Reaction score
Can you imagine the Cowboys America’s Game show if they won it all this year? All the adversity they have gone through this year. Half the defense gone. Garrett under fire. Romo getting killed each week. The Brown death. All the comebacks.

I would love Romo to win a Super Bowl. It would complete his Cinderella story.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd absolutely love it. I can't remember another cowboys team that's faced this much adversity, and they are all pretty likeable. At this point we're drafting in the 15-20 range regardless so rooting for losses is pointless.

Lets do this thing.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's retarded. They either give the starting to job to one of them.

They think Free and Parnell getting herky jerky snaps in practice away from the other 1st teamers is going to help them get better?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's retarded. They either give the starting to job to one of them.

They think Free and Parnell getting herky jerky snaps in practice away from the other 1st teamers is going to help them get better?

Its a process

Top Bottom