Reaction score
I think I read where the team had him rated as the highest cornerback since Deion Sanders. I know he was the number one defender on our board, but so was Terrence Newman back in the day. I've also seen where while he's good he's not as good a corner as Patrick Peterson was coming out of LSU last year.

Is he good enough to be a week 1 starter opposite Carr? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

C

Cr122

Strengths: Good size and elite length for the position – Incredibly fluid, can turn and run with the best of them – Accelerates quickly out of his backpedal and up to full speed – Good leaper, times his jumps well – Recovers very quickly, excellent burst to the ball – Phenomenal ball skills, great hands and interception radius – Fantastic in man coverage – Able to get a good jam/re-direct out of press man – Good instincts, able to read a route and bait the quarterback – Decent in the run-game, can shed a block and lay a hit – Four-down player, very adept at running back kicks.

Weaknesses: Has struggled in the press at times against extremely quick receivers, seems to fall asleep for a split-second – Some balance issues when he tries to be overly physical – Will miss an occasional tackle – Can develop with some functional upper-body strength.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Jones clarified this statement some and said their scouts had him rated as the CB with the best ball skills since Deion, and that he was the highest rated CB they had scouted in a decade or so.

Regardless, he's pretty highly regarded. Seems the concensus is he is a better man to man cover CB than Patrick Peterson and alot of the other highly drafted CB's recently.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
CB isn't exactly a cerebral position, so he should be okay on the field. I do expect him to get into trouble off of it, however. Stupid people tend to make bad decisions and hang out with the wrong crowd (see: Dez).

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I see we have another player that Cowboy fans will get his name wrong for years.

Morris Claiborne

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
CB isn't exactly a cerebral position, so he should be okay on the field. I do expect him to get into trouble off of it, however. Stupid people tend to make bad decisions and hang out with the wrong crowd (see: Dez).

So the fact that he comes off as very humble and has never had any off field trouble means nothing to you?

Oh yeah and he was on track to graduate in 4 years, how does that fit your he is dumb narrative?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So the fact that he comes off as very humble and has never had any off field trouble means nothing to you?

Let's see how he fares when he gets a little money in his pockets. Oh, and "blowing off" the Wonderlic and cavalierly laughing it off? Massive red flag. What will he blow off next? Practices? Team meetings? Personal appearances?

Oh yeah and he was on track to graduate in 4 years, how does that fit your he is dumb narrative?

Didja hear him on that phone call with Jerrah? Dumb as a rock. All he could mutter was "Yes Sir" three times in a row. Couldn't even string a few sentences together. Naturally, LSU looked the other way because he can cover WRs. Had he possessed zero football skills, he wouldn't have come within a hundred miles of that institution. Nor is it any secret that dense jocks are coddled/tutored like crazy and placed into joke courses.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Let's see how he fares when he gets a little money in his pockets. Oh, and "blowing off" the Wonderlic and cavalierly laughing it off? Massive red flag. What will he blow off next? Practices? Team meetings? Personal appearances?

Didja hear him on that phone call with Jerrah? Dumb as a rock. All he could mutter was "Yes Sir" three times in a row. Couldn't even string a few sentences together. Naturally, LSU looked the other way because he can cover WRs. Had he possessed zero football skills, he wouldn't have come within a hundred miles of that institution. Nor is it any secret that dense jocks are coddled/tutored like crazy and placed into joke courses.

Those types of things usually manifest themselves while in college and anybody can be changed by money being perceived by you as dumb does not make him any more likely.

I heared the phone call and he came off as guy who was shocked to be going to the Cowboys and only somebody with a agenda would take it as somebody who cannot put a sentence together.

He has had several other interviews and has spoken well, like this one.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...?id=194F652B-955C-1026-03734DDC42666A34&cat=0

Sounds like he put sentences together pretty well.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll say it again. He has a diagnosed learning disability. Kids with ADD can be very shy and nervous and tend to struggle in public situations. He is just fine. At the most, the Cowboys may have to hire someone who can help him "translate" the information he is learning. Kids with ADD process information differently.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He isnt stupid, nor has he ever been involved with anything bad

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll say it again. He has a diagnosed learning disability. Kids with ADD can be very shy and nervous and tend to struggle in public situations. He is just fine. At the most, the Cowboys may have to hire someone who can help him "translate" the information he is learning. Kids with ADD process information differently.

His coaches at LSU apparently told everyone he has absolutely no problem processing info relating to the playbook etc etc

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No agenda at all, unless you think it's controversial to note that dullards tend to make poor life choices. Add $ to the equation and you invite even more trouble. No one's saying he's a bad kid or anything. There are plenty of players who were perfect angels in college who, for one reason or another, ran amok in the pros. I hope he doesn't join their ranks.

Top Bottom