Reaction score
Knives are an interesting choice. Watch the robber take it away from you and stab you though.

Knife would be for walking at the park or something like that. Pitbulls or some wild animal coming at you. Need something.

I think you can buy a shotgun without a license. Use none lethal bullets. Not trying to kill anyone just put them on the ground. Too many idiots have guns now, feel the pressure to get one.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The pressure, dealing with the pressure, the pressure, dealing with the pressure.

Wouldn't a punch to the pitbull's chops do the trick though?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Knife would be for walking at the park or something like that. Pitbulls or some wild animal coming at you. Need something.

I think you can buy a shotgun without a license. Use none lethal bullets. Not trying to kill anyone just put them on the ground. Too many idiots have guns now, feel the pressure to get one.

You don't have to have a license to buy any gun. Only if you want to carry it around with you.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
The pressure, dealing with the pressure, the pressure, dealing with the pressure.

Wouldn't a punch to the pitbull's chops do the trick though?

I think you should test that theory and report back on your findings.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Although in some states, it would be more worth it to invite the robber to your kitchen table and make them a sandwich.

Reaction score
I did get this the other day. For when you get trapped in your car. Seat belt cutter and window breaker.

bentblade__32731.1405394580.1280.1280.jpg
StatGear T3 Tactical Auto Rescue Tool

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I stove a burglar's head in with a framing hammer backna 80s, does that count?

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Buy one of the .410/.45 pistols. The Judge is a good one. Since you are not into guns that much, this is an option that shoots shotgun shells out of a handgun and you are less likely to miss. I have a pile of guns and the a Judge is about as good as it gets for home protection. It shoots .45 cal long pistol ammo as well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Buy one of the .410/.45 pistols. The Judge is a good one. Since you are not into guns that much, this is an option that shoots shotgun shells out of a handgun and you are less likely to miss. I have a pile of guns and the a Judge is about as good as it gets for home protection. It shoots .45 cal long pistol ammo as well.
Yep.

Reaction score

Cool, thanks for the info!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info!
Keep in mind that if you do use the .410 shotgun shells with this, those have a really low pellet count and won't be effective or man stopping at anything past ten feet. Because the low muzzle velocity combined with the low pellet count make the pattern way too wide past 10 feet range.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Mine holds a good pattern up to 25 feet with the buckshot loads that are made for those handguns. If I shoot birdshot, 10 feet is deadly, but it falls apart fast after that. I like the fact that there are so many different rounds that can be used. If the .45 cal Long is used, the range holds up a long way and it is has a lot of knockdown power.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Mine holds a good pattern up to 25 feet with the buckshot loads that are made for those handguns. If I shoot birdshot, 10 feet is deadly, but it falls apart fast after that. I like the fact that there are so many different rounds that can be used. If the .45 cal Long is used, the range holds up a long way and it is has a lot of knockdown power.
If you use buckshot your pellet count is even less, and although the pattern is tighter it's still not a guaranteed man stopper. You only have 8 or 9 double-ought buck pellets, in a .410 shell.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
If you use buckshot your pellet count is even less, and although the pattern is tighter it's still not a guaranteed man stopper. You only have 8 or 9 double-ought buck pellets, in a .410 shell.

Actually the buckshot loads only have from 3-5 pellets in them, depending on the load and ammo brand. It doesn't have the knockdown power, but I don't think the intruder would feel very good after getting hit with 3-5 pellets that compares to a low velocity .38 round. The good thing about the Judge is that different rounds can be loaded so that the first shot could be a .45 LC and the next could be birdshot, buckshot or even a .410 slug. The .45 LC and the .410 slug has a great deal of knockdown power. The birdshot is even a lethal round at close range. I know from experience that it will blow a watermelon to pieces.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Actually the buckshot loads only have from 3-5 pellets in them, depending on the load and ammo brand. It doesn't have the knockdown power, but I don't think the intruder would feel very good after getting hit with 3-5 pellets that compares to a low velocity .38 round. The good thing about the Judge is that different rounds can be loaded so that the first shot could be a .45 LC and the next could be birdshot, buckshot or even a .410 slug. The .45 LC and the .410 slug has a great deal of knockdown power. The birdshot is even a lethal round at close range. I know from experience that it will blow a watermelon to pieces.
Right, I would have either the .45 or the .410 slug before I would have any shotgun rounds at all, for home defense. You can't predict if you're going to be working close in or not, and the slugs get the job done both ways.

Top Bottom