mdawg65

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Oh that burns, mdawg....

Don't do me like that, dawg.

I'll give you another hint on the moron. Your last two letters end in numbers. The real moron's in the Bennett pick ends with "es"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know Jerry's a bullshitter but didn't he confirm interest by the Bengals and mentioned it was a high draft pick? I thought he was being legit.

No, he said it was for a "middle round pick and a starting caliber player" (who ended up being WR Chris Henry IIRC). This was also printed in DMN.

The Bengals team reporters later confirmed this was what they heard to.

One person that covers the Cowboys insists otherwise. Originally I think that person insisted the Bungles offered their 1st rd pick for Bennett straight up.

mdawg65

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I know Jerry's a bullshitter but didn't he confirm interest by the Bengals and mentioned it was a high draft pick? I thought he was being legit.

Come on now. With your avatar you are going to tell me that you thought it was legit?

For a TE who was producing nothing up until then and then showed so poorly in front of John Garrett on Hard Knocks you would offer up a high 2nd without doing your homework?

I know it was the Bungals, but come on?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jones continued: "I took a roll call and said if we got this route with the tight end we are going to shake it up around here relative to what we are doing. It's going to be different. I joked we are going to pass the paper around and we are all going to sign it. We are going to be different."

Clarence Hill

Normally I would say these decisions should be up to the HC and OC regarding the direction of the offense but given that Dallas hasn't named an OC yet, I can easily see how this sort of decisive power would fall onto Jerry.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The biggest change would be adding to Frderick with either Winston/Clabo and maybe Moore too.

Too many times the extra TE ended up staying in to help block, rather than going out downfield somewhere. If they fix that, the passing game will look a little different and they can really take advantage of some of the favorable matchups we should be able to create. Not many teams have anyone capable of taking away Bryant with one guy.

I agree. With 3 new and improved OL the offense would be vastly different. That's with or without some grand #2 TE.

1 down, 2 to go.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, he said it was for a "middle round pick and a starting caliber player" (who ended up being WR Chris Henry IIRC). This was also printed in DMN.

The Bengals team reporters later confirmed this was what they heard to.

One person that covers the Cowboys insists otherwise. Originally I think that person insisted the Bungles offered their 1st rd pick for Bennett straight up.

Come on now. With your avatar you are going to tell me that you thought it was legit?

For a TE who was producing nothing up until then and then showed so poorly in front of John Garrett on Hard Knocks you would offer up a high 2nd without doing your homework?

I know it was the Bungals, but come on?

I really thought JJT (and others) reported it was a second round pick. I'm really too lazy to look it up so I'll take David's word for it.

And I don't put anything past Jerry. When rich people have something that they perceived other people value, they're less apt to part with it. They don't think like normal people. That's why Jerry can't get rid of his prized "toys" (ie: players)

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Maybe because its a bullshit rumor?

You're right. It was a bullshit rumor to believe it was a high 2nd rounder.

In fact, it was a 1st round pick.......a pick the Bengals ultimately took Gresham with.

Who knows though?

Perhaps reputable news stations are in the business of explicitly saying that they have confirmed the deal to be worth a first round pick when they are really just full of shit.

[video=youtube;2j58ML14qfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j58ML14qfU[/video]

Took this snippet off a video theebs had posted at the time. Hope you don't mind. I linked back to your original video if it matters.......have the video set to "unlisted" anyway.

Top Bottom