Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Like:
-Tailgating all the home games, getting drunk, talking shit, and hanging with the homies I've met through the Cowboys I only see once or twice a year.

-my famous Tom Landry tattoo

-Trolling my section by actually standing up and yelling while on defense, you know...like you're supposed to.

-When people try to tell me to sit down. I dare a nigga!

-Planning away games and exploring new cities. I've been to games in San Diego, Seattle (homefield advantage makes me jealous), San Francisco (candlestick), and St. Louis. Away games are MUCH better than home games.

-Our QB, TE, O-Line, and RB. Dez as a player, but IRL the least likeable person on the team.

-The fact I've never lived more than 10 miles from either stadium. My first game was in like '86 or '87

-But for real, our tailgates are fun as shit.

-talking shit to opposing fans, and watching them get beat up in Rangers Lot A. Good times.

-all the autographs I get every season. My brother is aanager for Costa Sunglasses, and I helped Randy White pick out a pair, and Garrett. Ugh.

Dislike:

-Fans that question another's fandom, or make it a dick-measuring contest because I say something negative about the team. These are always the homers. I'm looking at you, OP.

-Message boards that only except one viewpoint, say they except all opinions, then ban members because theirs is different.

-Garrett, and the fact he continues to move up the ranks despite never being anything more than mediocre. His offense has always been bad in the redzone.

-Jerry Jones. Enough said.

-Our stadium that football is the last thing it was built for.

-Our fans at home games either don't cheer at all, or when they do, its when we're on offense on OUR 3rd downs. It's cringe-worthy 8 games a season.

-Seriously. We all love the Cowboys, or we wouldn't be here, but it's ran by somebody who will just do whatever he wants to stay relevant. If Blandino wasn't on that party bus, the Dez catch never happens and we more than likely beat Seattle to make a SB appearance.

Reaction score
Thinks I like about the current Cowboys team, in no particular order:

- Dez Bryant. Favorite current Cowboy. He's a mental midget but I love his passion and his highlight reel catches.
- Ezekial Elliott. Not convinced #4 overall selection was a wise way to acquire a RB, but I'll probably start some nonsensical "EE 2k Chase" thread or something where I track his weekly yards and how many he needs to get to 2k. I miss how, when I was younger, it was a running backs league with guys like Emmitt, Barry, Thurman, etc.
- Jason Witten. Hard not to like the guy. Especially love that he's a former Volunteer.
- Byron Jones. Here's hoping he can continue to progress.
- The offensive line. Love these guys. Love the maulers. Hope we can keep them together.
- Dan Bailey. Money. Pure money.

I detest Jerry Jones and hopes he dies. I detest Jason Garrett and will celebrate the day he gets shit canned. I detest that football is an afterthought of a stadium. I hate a number of long term players that stick around for God knows what reason (Barry Church, Golden Cock, Maurice Claiborn, JJ Wilcox, basically our entire secondary, etc. I hate that players know they can get away with whatever they want in Dallas and we put up with it. Hardy missing meeting and assaulting coaches. McClain and his suspensions, skipping practice, burning down houses and smoking the drugs. Josh Brent manslaughtering players. Etc.

The rest of the team I'm on the fence about, but I struggle to be optimistic considering this is a parity driven league yet we struggle to remain .500.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
^fake fans.

The bar has been set gentlemen. Either you love everything about this team or you love nothing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love the train of thought that if you can be honest about the fact that Jerry is a terrible GM, you must be miserable in all aspects of your life.

Very mature.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Love the train of thought that if you can be honest about the fact that Jerry is a terrible GM, you must be miserable in all aspects of your life.

Very mature.

But you are wrong. Jerry is the best GM.

See how I just typed it? That makes it true.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We have a team that won 4 games last season. How much of that am I supposed to like?

Let's see. Our Offensive Line is impressive, but Free has me worried that he's not going to last long. Given the lack of drafting ability I'm not yet convinced that Chaz Green is the replacement.

We have a good WR in Bryant, but he'll just get double teamed since we have nothing on the other side of him worth a shit.

We have a good TE that has to be slowing down due to age and we have nothing backing him up worth a shit.

We have a decent QB that is brittle as hell and we currently have the worst backup QB's in the NFL.

We have a POTENTIALLY great rookie RB in Elliot and some quality backups. Hopefully we lead the league in rushing by a ton, but given Linehan and Garretts past we won't.

Our defense is just plain horrible.

Our coaching staff is pathetic

We have a darn good kicker in Bailey and we have the best long snapper in the league (I actually enjoy watching him do his thing)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm the biggest Tony Romo fan there is. I'll be miserable for a while when he's gone. The GM has acknowledged that Romo was a "miracle."

Which makes it all the more aggravating for me that he's had to deal with the shit he has for the past 10 years. He deserves to have a couple super bowls under his belt... and as a UDFA, would easily be a HOFer.

But cause of Jerry and his ineptitude, he's going to be remembered by the masses as a choker who couldn't get the job done, and as a UDFA, that's extremely unfair to him.

Jerry will have to luck into another miracle to bring a QB worth anything in here.

You may think of it as misery... I think of it as recognizing wasted opportunities.

Reaction score
Yeah when Romo leaves, it's gonna be bad. Back to perennial 5-11 again. Especially if no change is made at HC.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm the biggest Tony Romo fan there is. I'll be miserable for a while when he's gone. The GM has acknowledged that Romo was a "miracle."

Which makes it all the more aggravating for me that he's had to deal with the shit he has for the past 10 years. He deserves to have a couple super bowls under his belt... and as a UDFA, would easily be a HOFer.

But cause of Jerry and his ineptitude, he's going to be remembered by the masses as a choker who couldn't get the job done, and as a UDFA, that's extremely unfair to him.

Jerry will have to luck into another miracle to bring a QB worth anything in here.

You may think of it as misery... I think of it as recognizing wasted opportunities.
But then again, the 5c5's of the world would say Romo would never have amounted to anything without the tutelage of Jerry's great coaches, and Jerry's benevolent chance taking.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
But then again, the 5c5's of the world would say Romo would never have amounted to anything without the tutelage of Jerry's great coaches, and Jerry's benevolent chance taking.

I do think he benefitted from good coaching early on. Parcells, David Lee and Payton in particular

I'd also argue that the players that might be in the HOF discussion (Romo, Witten, Ware) wouldn't be what they are without early coaching.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I do think he benefitted from good coaching early on. Parcells, David Lee and Payton in particular

I'd also argue that the players that might be in the HOF discussion (Romo, Witten, Ware) wouldn't be what they are without early coaching.
You're right on, roger that. I was being facetious, playing the Garrett/Jerry lover Homer's advocate.

Top Bottom