CATCH17

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I was driving home and Ian Fitzsimmons said that he was told the reason Sherman got let go was because he wasn't hard enough on the receivers and they were too buddy buddy.

Well evidently they said Dez is getting a little out of hand and if someone didn't get in there quick he may turn into a huge primadonna.

Supposedly he wasn't making Dez work as hard as he should too. Same with Ogletree.

I wish I could remember what all he said more vividly but that was pretty much the basis of it. I'd expect the next WR coach to be more like Todd Haley and less like Sherman.

CATCH17

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I can believe it.

But I think Sherman has proven his style works.

Yeah for sure.

I guess he was a buffer for the receivers to Garrett but evidently this had more to do with getting Dez's head on straight than anything.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Trust in Garrett.

That's where I'm at on this move. I liked Sherman a lot. Just gotta give Jason the benefit of the doubt.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense. Especially the part about Ogletree. Now we know why Jerry had to publicly push him before this year.

CATCH17

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Im going to PM Chocolatelab and see if he was listening. He usually is.

sbk92

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that we need. A guy who has the presence to know something like that's going on and correct it. With Jerry, that situation doesn't get changed until it's a crisis.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that we need. A guy who has the presence to know something like that's going on and correct it. With Jerry, that situation doesn't get changed until it's a crisis.

lol Jerry used to do the same thing. He had an open-door policy with the players so that they could go over the coach's head to talk to him.

C

Cr122

Which in that case it's too late.

CATCH17

Cheerleader
Reaction score
All that may be true but I still think Garrett feels a little threatned by Sherman too.

He knew letting that guy go would get his players attention.

CATCH17

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Here you guys go...

You know me... I'm always listening.

But yeah, apparently there was some huge college coaches convention (4000 coaches or something?) in town and Ian went to it. He said he heard that Sherman was maybe not hard enough on the WRs, Dez in particular. Apparently the word was that Dez has huge diva potential and they better get a hold of him quick or he could turn into a monster.

My thinking was, why would a bunch of college guys know that much about how Dez was with the Cowboys, unless they were just going off his college rep? Maybe they all talk enough that word gets around that efficiently, but I suspect these stories grow the more they get passed around.

And anyway, if it's true, it's Jerry's fault for drafting the guy, not Ray's. As you know, I think Ray is getting a bad rap here. It's not as simple as stomping these guys down more and more until they act right. Be nice it it were, but it isn't.

CL

sbk92

Reaction score
Dez wasn't attending position meetings after he was on IR.

Yeah. I worry about his head.

Reaction score
I was driving home and Ian Fitzsimmons said that he was told the reason Sherman got let go was because he wasn't hard enough on the receivers and they were too buddy buddy.

Well evidently they said Dez is getting a little out of hand and if someone didn't get in there quick he may turn into a huge primadonna.

Supposedly he wasn't making Dez work as hard as he should too. Same with Ogletree.

I wish I could remember what all he said more vividly but that was pretty much the basis of it. I'd expect the next WR coach to be more like Todd Haley and less like Sherman.

I heard it too on my way home (Stream iPhone) you pretty much nailed it. Also he said something about the WRs having their own little crew(Lead by Sherman) that complained about the offense/team.

The man had to go....Nate Newton agreed.

C

Cr122

I liked Sherman but if what I'm hearing about this is true then Garrett made the right decision to let him go.

Maybe the next coach lights a fire under their ass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I heard it too on my way home (Stream iPhone) you pretty much nailed it. Also he said something about the WRs having their own little crew(Lead by Sherman) that complained about the offense/team.

The man had to go....Nate Newton agreed.

That part was definitely true, and to me its the most telling reason he wasnt brought back. No way would Jimmy or Parcells (or Belichick) allowed that to go on (he called it the "Thursday ran session") and the other issue is it was never kept in hose. Stuff about WR's complaining always leaked to the media either directly or indirectly.

Top Bottom