Reaction score
He probably has a more sinister plan for Cassel that'll require paying him off to stay away from court afterwards.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
bigger culprit than the special teams.
Remember during the preseason when we old timers were screaming about the totally inept special teams, and the younguns on here told us not to worry, it's preseason, means nothing, it will work itself out and we're stupid for even concerning ourselves with it?

Then week after week during the preseason, we continued to have trouble? There was no improvement?

That chicken came home to roost, huge Sunday.

Why the fuck did we kick it to where it was returnable, instead of our league leading touchback routine? Did Garrett decide let's kick it to Harris because we know he fumbles?

Reaction score
Special teams has been decent this season, nothing spectacular but nowhere near as bad as they looked in the preseason. Not surprising because most of those players aren’t on the team anymore. Specials teams also had that great blocked punt TD against Philly. They probably don’t win that game if not for that play. Nobody was patting themselves on the back after that.

Danny McCray looks to be the main guy out of position on that kickoff return. For whatever reason Baileys kickoffs were short that night.

Nobody predicted that Beasley would muff that punt. The guy has some of the best hands on the team.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Good for him. Shows he really wants to win. Sure, he should be disciplined since you can't go shoving coaches, but at least he is showing he wants to win. We need that. Especially on defense. Slap him with a fine, and then be happy you have a player that gives a shit.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't see where busting into a special teams huddle and slapping a clipboard out of the ST coach's hand means he wants to win. It just means he's crazy.

Romo and Witten and Smith and even Dez don't do that and I'm pretty sure they want to win.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't see where busting into a special teams huddle and slapping a clipboard out of the ST coach's hand means he wants to win. It just means he's crazy.

Romo and Witten and Smith and even Dez don't do that and I'm pretty sure they want to win.

Of course he's crazy. No one can deny that fact. But, he has Dez's passion with that touch of crazy added. I like it. The only I don't like is the team not implementing some sort of discipline.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Special teams has been decent this season, nothing spectacular but nowhere near as bad as they looked in the preseason.
Yep it's just hunky dory when you're getting the touchback on kickoffs almost every time.

Seems odd you had ST problems all preseason, then in a game where you're not getting the touchbacks, you give up a TD then fumble a punt.
Nobody predicted that Beasley would muff that punt. The guy has some of the best hands on the team.
Hands are all well and good as long as you look the ball into them. Beasley took his eyes off the ball.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
How long before he rips Garrett's throat out for clapping after the defense gives up a TD?

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score

Why don't we have the like function on this site

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
This is a perfect opportunity for Garrett to show he has control of this team instead of the puppet he is. During the game would've been better but right now show this fan base and your team that you're able to discipline players for acting out like this.

"Passionate" my ass. Hardy lost his cool when we were losing. I'm sure nobody got in his face when he got ran over by a 4th string running back but it's perfectly acceptable for a guy only into his 2nd game with us, a guy who apparently shows up for practices when he feels like it, to flip out on teammates and coaches. Fuck that. He hasn't earned that.

I like what Hardy brings to the table as far as a player but you can't have temper tantrums like that on the sideline creating the distraction that it did. Not when this team is in the midst of a 4 game losing streak. That's not good for this locker room.

If I was Garrett I'd suspend him the first half of the Seahawk game and make him apologize to the entire team. Only reason I wouldn't suspend him for the entire game or more games is because I do realize his intentions probably weren't to create such a scene but he still needs to be held accountable.

Top Bottom