Reaction score
Yea, its a super lame and cliche title, but sounds like D. Harris and D. Murray will be handling the returns this week. Gotta say im excited about that.

Reaction score
Is this a sarcastic post?

Harris, to me, is a Crayton clone. And Crayton really never brought much to the table as a returner, save two returns for TD's in back to back games in 2008 was it?

Murray hasn't shown me ANYTHING thus far. And I think he's an injury waiting to happen.

Reaction score
Is this a sarcastic post?

Harris, to me, is a Crayton clone. And Crayton really never brought much to the table as a returner, save two returns for TD's in back to back games in 2008 was it?

Murray hasn't shown me ANYTHING thus far. And I think he's an injury waiting to happen.

Harris and Murray both have more speed than Crayton ever had. Harris has looked good on punt returns so far.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Harris and Murray both have more speed than Crayton ever had. Harris has looked good on punt returns so far.

Murry is faster, but not Harris according to NFL.com. Harris is 4.53 and Crayton 4.51. That is the same number listed as their combine numers.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought Harris was a burner. Those times have me flat out shocked.

theogt

Reaction score
The times can mean one of several things (1) he's slow, (2) he didn't properly prepare for his 40 time, or (3) he had a bad day.

Take Ted Ginn for example. Before he started training for his 40 time, he ran a 4.7 or 4.8.

Reaction score
The times can mean one of several things (1) he's slow, (2) he didn't properly prepare for his 40 time, or (3) he had a bad day.

Take Ted Ginn for example. Before he started training for his 40 time, he ran a 4.7 or 4.8.

Wish we picked up Ginn. That guy can fly, keep bryant from returning Kicks/Punts

Reaction score
I thought Harris was a burner. Those times have me flat out shocked.

It's the dreds. You see them flowing in the wind and it creates the illusion of speed.

Laz... did I spell "dreds" correctly? It doesn't look right to me.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

And 4. Some people run faster in pads.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

I don't think enough emphasis is put on this. Testing players at the combine in spandex is a waste of time, imo. Put them in the gear they'll be wearing on game day. Then run the 40, shuttles, etc... That would give a lot clearer picture of what you're getting.

Reaction score
I ran a 4.85 as a freshman in high school.

The funny part was, I lined up next to an offensive lineman, thinking I'd blow him out of the water and make me look faster. He finished right behind me.

Yeah, I'm white.

theogt

Reaction score
No one "runfaster in pads." But, quick instincts and reactions can make up for lesser athleticism. Adding pads isn't going to make one person run faster in a straight line, though.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
No one "runfaster in pads." But, quick instincts and reactions can make up for lesser athleticism. Adding pads isn't going to make one person run faster in a straight line, though.

I wasn't implying that pads adds some gravitational pull or anything.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

I don't think he meant some guy goes from a 4.4 to a 4.2

But I do believe that that same guy might only go from a 4.4 to a 4.6 where another 4.4 guy can go from that to a 4.8 Hence the "He runs faster in pads."

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think he meant some guy goes from a 4.4 to a 4.2

But I do believe that that same guy might only go from a 4.4 to a 4.6 where another 4.4 guy can go from that to a 4.8 Hence the "He runs faster in pads."

Yeah, I didn't say anything about putting a pair of pads on the guy and have him run the 40. Of course I was talking about an in-game setting.

Dwayne Harris on tape runs much faster than Patrick Crayton could ever dream of doing besides the near similar 40 times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom