theogt

Reaction score
It may very well bite us in the ass. But all you can do is bite the bullet. Sorry, couldn't resist with the biting remarks. No matter how you may feel about this move, you have to like as to how Garrett is so anti-Jones. Jerry would have never done this and THAT is whatg would have eventually bit us in the ass. Just like with Adams. We cut him at least a year too late.

If this doesn't grab the players attention, then nothing will...until it's them.
Jones did it with Hamlin, Ellis, TO, and I'm sure some others if I think about it.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
How did all of a sudden did this become a revelation to the Jerry? Just a short time ago he saw no cracks in the foundation when it was painfully obvious the line was crumbling. Now he is Mr. Cut Bait and lets instill a youth movement all at once.

Maybe Garrett does have the pull necessary to have Jones lend a deaf ear. Looks like he finally wised up to the fact you have several overpaid players who frankly aren't that good anymore.

Hopefully they believe Costa will be back to full strength in time for game #1. If not the timing seems a little odd.

Reaction score
lol Trade Gurode for Orton? Why on earth would we do that.

I'm not surprised to hear this from Hostile.

Looks like those draft picks didn't work out either. Of course I don't think anyone other than him or a couple of his backslappers thought we would get another for an aging OL.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mistake. Romo and the fans will suffer. The belief in Costa is laughable. He is off the roster and playing 3rd string somewhere else within 3 years. Mark it down.

Reaction score
Shocking yes, but I understand the throught process. This is now becoming a rebuilding situation. Garrett is scrapping the old to mold the new.

Reaction score
WTF does the starting OL look like? Anyone know?

IMG_0302.jpg

VAcowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People cannot sit up and complain about Jones being too involved in coaching and personnel decisions and then complain when Garrett makes moves like this. It may be unpopular, but this is all Garrett.

This * 1000.

Garrett is not only establishing how his team will be run, but also that HE is in charge. I remember another coach proceeding like this, coming in and cutting overpriced/underperforming vets. Three years later he was leading the youngest team in the league into the Super Bowl. I'm not saying that Jason Garrett == Jimmy Johnson or that Garrett will achieve the same degree of success, but I definitely think there is a parallel in their approaches. Jerry is letting his coach be the man, and I don't know how any Cowboys fan can be anything but giddy about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty much giving Garrett all my trust.

I can't really hate on any decision he makes, because by and large, I believe in his approach, his methods, and his abilities.

For the first time in a long time, I have faith in our head coach.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ProFootbalFocus ProFootballFocus.com
by calvinwatkins
Despite Gurode's snapping nightmares and various issues he was still our 6th graded C last year. NOT an easy replacement

Top Bottom