SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Other than stuffing it in your backside, you like it?

Jeez what else is there?
But yeah,pretty nice little piece.Highly visible 3 dot sights(has an optional ring rear sight),right thumb safety easy to operate and intuitive.
It's cycled every round so far,no hiccups.
Kinda thought it was weird looking when the guy first showed it to me,but I've grown to like it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What I'm really interested in is learning how to shoot a bow.
Never owned a gun and probably won't, but I've been thinking about learning to shoot a bow, too. Our mailman at work used hunt with a longbow, which is just badass.

Reaction score
Never owned a gun and probably won't, but I've been thinking about learning to shoot a bow, too. Our mailman at work used hunt with a longbow, which is just badass.
Agreed on the longbow... that would be badass. Years of watching the Walking Dead makes the crossbow look pretty badass too.

Guess the compound bow is just a teched up longbow, but some of them look so clunky.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I am a Mississippi redneck, so yes I have plenty of guns. Most of the kids around here start shooting when they are 4 to 5 years old. It is just part of our culture.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Agreed on the longbow... that would be badass. Years of watching the Walking Dead makes the crossbow look pretty badass too.

Guess the compound bow is just a teched up longbow, but some of them look so clunky.

You typically can get a stronger draw weight (more powerful bow) with a compound

When you pull back the string of a longbow you have to hold the weight of that 50lb draw as you aim and wait for your shot. Which gets difficult for a lot of ppl.

With a compound bow it has a cantilever set up ( I believe that's what it's called) which takes the majority of the pull weight off of you as you hold the sting back for the shot. Making it much easier to wait and hold for a good shot. Less muscle fatigue, less strain, less shaking as you try to make a shot.

You also get a lot more bow in a smaller pkg with a compound bow. They may look clunky but for hunting they are much shorter than a long bow of equal draw weight. Which means it's much easier to hunt with and less of a bow to get in the way

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I own guns, I collect guns, I reload my own ammo. if you plan to be proficient and carry open or concealed you need to practice. A lot! If you plan to practice a lot look into reloading it will save you over half the cost of boxed ammo, if not more nowadays

If you want to carry please do yourself and everyone else a favor and take a class. They are not expensive and are worth every penny. They will also give you a great amount of confidence in the end

As for what I have, well let's just say I have a few. When I was serious into collecting I was attempting to get at least one gun in each major caliber such as 9mm, 380, 45, 357 and so on. I usually try to purchase the iconic gun for each caliber.
380 - Walter ppk
9mm - Glock 19 ( the Barretta 92 would be the most iconic 9mm but I couldn't stand shooing that gun
45 - Colt Gold Cup competition 1911
357 - Smith and Wesson
22 - the venerable Ruger 10/22
30-30 - the famous Winchester 30-30 handed down from my grandfather to my dad to me

Just to name a few

I also have a few shotguns, many hunting rifles and I also build AR-15 rifles so I have a number of them I have built myself so they are a mix of parts from all different manufacturers

I won't list them all here but you get the idea. I have quite a few.

I used to shoot long range competitions and I worked at a gun shop for a brief stint when I was younger. I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I picked up my first AR 15 type gun today, a S&W MP 15.

Pretty pumped to get out and shoot it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
placeholder-4x3.jpg

"Atlanta schools on lock-down today ..."

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I really hope dbair accidentally shoots himself.

Like in the foot or something, so that he'll still live; just be in excruciating pain.

Reaction score
I picked up my first AR 15 type gun today, a S&W MP 15.

Pretty pumped to get out and shoot it.

Shoot it yet? What did you think?

I shot my CZ 9mm for the first time the weekend before last and really enjoyed it. It is a comfortable gun to shoot. Not much recoil. Accurate. With practice I should become a pretty good shot with that gun.

I've ordered some .44 special and .44 mag for my S&W 629 Classic. Looking forward to shooting it again.

Not long ago I helped a friend pick out his first handgun. After working his way through several alternatives, he settled on and purchased a Ruger SR9C (9mm)-- which is the compact version of the Ruger SR9. It is a nice all around gun. It also has some safety features that I think are not a bad idea for someone who is new to pistols (magazine disconnect safety, manual thumb safety, loaded chamber indicator). I like how it looks, too. To me it looks nicer (more understated) than the SR9.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Took it to the range yesterday and played around with it, its a fun gun to shoot. I'm not that good a shot but even with just the stock sights on it the spreads were pretty tight.

The sound definitely got people's attention.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I got lucky when I bought my first AR. It's a Colt Match Target Heavy Barrel. I bought it to shoot competitions with and it was bought before the assault weapons ban so it's registered as a pre-ban AR

From day one that thing shot amazingly well straight out of the box. No mods needed. Plus it will shoot all the mass market surplus ammo sub one inch at 100 yards. It tends to like the surplus ammo better than the high dollar boxed ammo thankfully

Reaction score
Took it to the range yesterday and played around with it, its a fun gun to shoot. I'm not that good a shot but even with just the stock sights on it the spreads were pretty tight.

The sound definitely got people's attention.

Indoor shooting range? I bet it does get people's attention.

I've never shot a .44 mag indoors, but I will within a month or so. I'm guessing it'll be pretty loud too.

I've been at an indoor gun range when people have been shooting some super loud stuff. On top of the noise, you'd feel the air shake ... just a real powerful concussion. I have no idea what was being shot, but I was happier when they were done.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are nasty indoors. I had a guy fire one in the lane next to me. It was so disruptive that every time I saw him get ready to shoot it I would have to wait till he was done. I couldn't even concentrate when I took aim. I was just waiting for him to pull the trigger and then I would flinch every time he did.

Every time the guy would step up to shoot the four lanes next to him would step back and wait for him to finish.

The guy was cool about it and understood. So he invited me to shoot it which was pretty interesting.

Reaction score
On my most recent trip to the range there were a couple of guys using the lane immediately to my left. They were shooting pistols. One of the two positioned himself in his lane and held his gun in such a way that almost every time he shot, his ejected shell case flew into my lane, often hitting me on the head (cap). One of the shells actually went down my shirt. A bit intrusive. It didn't take me long to step out of my lane when he was ready to shoot.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's why I prefer outdoor ranges. Plus you can only shoot handguns or 22 rifles at indoor ranges here in SoCal

Most of what I shoot is long range rifle so I just go to the outdoor ranges exclusively

My local range is set up perfectly

Steel pistol targets out to 50 yards, an area for tactical training
A set up to pattern shotguns
An area to shoot clays
Then paper targets out to 200 yards with metal silhouettes out to 800 for rifles
To top it all off there is also a 1000 yard LE range

So pretty much anything you may want to shoot or shoot at is all in one place. They also allow 50 cal which most ranges here don't

They have a gunsmith on staff with his own shop and they sell all the ammo, cleaning supplies and targets you may need

It's a pretty sweet set up

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
When I was in the LA SWAT we would routinely set up shooting games on the SWAT obstacle courses. We had to 1st shoot a sniper rifle from the prone position, jump up, run a bit, then do a running roll, then come up, pull out our 9 mm and hit the target in under 5 minutes. Colin Farrell was my partner.

Top Bottom