dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys re-sign safety Sensabaugh
August, 2, 2011
Aug 28:20PM =By Dan GrazianoSee?

I told you panicky Dallas Cowboys fans to stop being so panicky. You were all like, "The Cowboys will never sign the safeties they need," and I was all like, "Yeah they will. Be patient. They won't play with nine on defense," and you were all like, "No! It's all over! They're going to play with just nine and the Eagles are going to score a million points!"

Well, they're up to 10, at least. Gerald Sensabaugh tweeted just before I went out running that he was coming back to Dallas, and Clarence Hill says it's a one-year, $2.5 million deal, which surely leaves room to sign the other starting safety they need. Abram Elam is the name most commonly connected to the Cowboys in safety speculation right now, and a deal with him could be around the corner.

Sensabaugh ... well, you know all about him. Jean-Jacques Taylor isn't overly impressed, but he is what he is. A solid starter at a position where the Cowboys needed two. If the other one they sign is a notch or two better, you'll all be a lot happier about your defense than you were this afternoon.

Remember, the Cowboys already have a lot of very good players. They don't need to be out signing superstars. They need to fill holes and then get the defensive players in front of Rob Ryan and get them coached up so they don't give up the second-most points in the league again. The offense will score, and if the defense can stop anybody, they're a contender again quickly. Sensabaugh is a fine signing for what they need.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Both these guys are SS's.

Time to hit the draft sites for safetys projected to go in the late teens.

understandable but Is it going to matter in the ryan system? I have the feeling as long as they both know their roles and dont get beat deep being a free or strong will not matter.

I imagine they are going to be moving all around.

I have another thought on a possible hold up with elam. His value is that he knows the defense and can excel in this defense from the qb aspect of it. Well if this deefnse plays well this year we may only have ryan-eberflus one season or two. So I think they have to be careful not to go and give elam 5 years and in two years end with an average safety whos niche of knowing ryans defense doesnt fit anymore. I imagine this has to be something they are concerned with.

the only reason I am big on elam is he will get everyone lined up and he is a tough team first guy. He is no where near a difference maker on the field imo.

Reaction score
Sensabutt is like an H-back, too big to play corner, but too shitty of a tackler to be a SS.

And too douchey to give a damn.

LMFAO!!!!

They have plenty of talent. Just not enough of it on the lines and secondary. They burned too many picks on RB's, TE's, and WR's.

understandable but Is it going to matter in the ryan system? I have the feeling as long as they both know their roles and dont get beat deep being a free or strong will not matter.

I imagine they are going to be moving all around.

I have another thought on a possible hold up with elam. His value is that he knows the defense and can excel in this defense from the qb aspect of it. Well if this deefnse plays well this year we may only have ryan-eberflus one season or two. So I think they have to be careful not to go and give elam 5 years and in two years end with an average safety whos niche of knowing ryans defense doesnt fit anymore. I imagine this has to be something they are concerned with.

the only reason I am big on elam is he will get everyone lined up and he is a tough team first guy. He is no where near a difference maker on the field imo.

I thought Huff was perfect b/c he was a single high, and a guy like Elam is more natural in the box. Im not mad at all for them not getting Huff, it speaks to Huff's work habits and Ryans feelings on him.

Neither Elam or Sensy are guys excel covering the deep ball IMO. They dont play well together.

I actually dont think Sensabaugh fits well at either spot IMO. I cant see him being a good blitzer. I dont see him covering over the top. And I think this new D will confuse him and could create some blown coverages.

Last edited:

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Both these guys are SS's.

Time to hit the draft sites for safetys projected to go in the late teens.

I want to see that list. It's about damn time we sign a safety that isn't a fucking experiment.

Top Bottom