Reaction score
We beat them at home in 2007 and then beat them in GB in 2008

Entering his 29th season in the NFL, Dom Capers begins his sixth year with the Packers in 2014 as the club’s defensive coordinator.
Named to his position Jan. 19, 2009, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy, Capers is one of the most experienced coaches in the league, spending time with seven different NFL franchises before coming to Green Bay.

And beat Jason every game since...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Entering his 29th season in the NFL, Dom Capers begins his sixth year with the Packers in 2014 as the club’s defensive coordinator.
Named to his position Jan. 19, 2009, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy, Capers is one of the most experienced coaches in the league, spending time with seven different NFL franchises before coming to Green Bay.

And beat Jason every game since...

Their defense didn't exactly have much to do with either of the last two victories, in fact for a lot of both of those games we dominated them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty close to how I see it.

I am worried about the RB position, though. It is a lot to ask a rookie to come in, hit the ground running, and contribute at a high level. He won't have to replicate Murray's numbers, of course, but that rookie will need to make a significant contribution.

If the rookie doesn't hit the ground running, Romo will be asked to do too much again... And that's not something that has worked well in the past.

The Cowboys must get that RB pick right. The cost of picking the wrong RB would be very high.

I agree, but I do think we caught a break by this being such a deep and talented RB draft. I think there's a couple of special players but there's also quite a few really good ones. As long as we get one of those, I feel pretty good about the offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's more like it. Thank you.

But...

What's your actual belief, what this team does going forward? Good RB doesn't mean they actually use him for example, and as history shows Murray's season in 2014 was a fluke both for him and for Dallas, nobody's seen 400 carries since Emmitt up until last year, pretty sure.

What makes us think the balance will be there next year? I believe they revert totally to 500 pass attempts and maybe 300 running attempts. It's a Air Coryell team not a bruiser running team.

Will we get lucky with the schedule like last year, for example facing a Seattle team in disarray, a Nawlins team that was merely a shell of its former self and in steep decline, and a Giants team that for the most part was a sleeping giant? That's four of our 12 wins that could easily have been losses right there.

Yes there are good things to point to with this Dallas team. But I am not sold, mainly because of the idiot owner and the idiot coaching. I simply have zero faith in them to do the right things, and I think what we saw last year was a one year wonder, a fluke. That doesn't make me stupid or a idiot, it makes me a healthy skeptic, given the history.

I remain a skeptic until I see them consistently overcome the bad luck all the SB winning teams have too, like injuries, bad breaks, really tough schedule, and so on. The good teams, the elite ones, are somehow in the mix year after year no matter what happens. The mediocre ones, not.

That's why they play the games. We shall see.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I am a negative person by nature but i feel good about this team. I dont think last year was a fluke. I saw a very resilient team. Can they duplicate that success? I dont know but i wouldnt be surprised if they did. If you want to take a more conservative approach, go ahead but when you say last years team was based on luck or a fluke it just shows you lack football knowledge. Love ya, but damn.
I believe and as I actually have said, based mostly on fluke, dumb luck. Not all.

Obviously they are in the top tier of the mediocre teams, not the bottom tier of them.

But I also hold that given a few breaks here, a few injuries less there, less idiotic play calling here and there, all the 8-8 outcomes we saw could easily have been 10-6, 11-5, and even 12-4. Just like last year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo will be asked to do too much again...
They will revert to the "Air Coryell" 500 passing attempts stuff, and claim it's because they lost Murray. Even if the running game averages over 5 yards per carry as it consistently has in years prior to last year's bonus extravaganza of 400 carries for Murray.

Top Bottom