Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That will be the perfect ending to the beat down. We will all then be reminded of how great this team of ours "once was"

Well twice actually

In both the 70's and 90's

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
God damn, part 2 is pissing me off Re-living the fiasco of running off jimmy right when they were poised to 3 peat and having to lose to the fucking niners in the championship, smdh.....

still hurts and pisses me off to this day

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
God damn, part 2 is pissing me off Re-living the fiasco of running off jimmy right when they were poised to 3 peat and having to lose to the fucking niners in the championship, smdh.....

still hurts and pisses me off to this day

Jimmy wanted out and wanted just any ole excuse and Jerruh provided it. He talks about this in his book. He admits he is a Gypsy and was done in Dallas. Jimmy leaving was as much Jimmy as it was Jerruh.

But yeah, I feel the pain too. Jerruh should have kissed his ass if necessary and wrote another big check, whatever it took to keep Jimmy. His ego wouldn't allow that any more than Jimmys would allow him to stay.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jimmy wanted out and wanted just any ole excuse and Jerruh provided it. He talks about this in his book. He admits he is a Gypsy and was done in Dallas. Jimmy leaving was as much Jimmy as it was Jerruh.

But yeah, I feel the pain too. Jerruh should have kissed his ass if necessary and wrote another big check, whatever it took to keep Jimmy. His ego wouldn't allow that any more than Jimmys would allow him to stay.

If he wanted out, he wanted out because he was sick of jerris bullshit. Jimmy was shown recruiting Deon at the Super bowl, so he wasn't completely sold on leaving and I'm damn sure if jerry wasn't pulling all his bullshit, Jimmy would have come back to at least try for the 3-peat.

I was screaming at the TV cussing like a sailor when they showed jerri running his mouth about those times, he is such a fucking joke....I hate his fucking guts

I wish free agency could have been delayed for 3 years so they could have run off 4 (maybe 5) in a row, I think even jerri and barry could have pulled that off with those players and without the cap/free agency

That Niner loss will sting til the day I die, cant imagine how the players must feel

It really was a great rivalry though, its a shame it doesn't exists much anymore, mainly because we've both pretty much sucked since those days

Reaction score
Watching that, I had never seen the Jimmy talking to Deion on the sidelines before. Wow... What could've been.

Also seeing the Deion PI non call was sickening. It gets more blatant every time I see it.

Reaction score
Anyone else just cringe when Barry does his "We got a job to do and we're gonna DO IT BAYBAY!!!!"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
that's when I knew we had a clown on our hands. even Jerry had a "what the fuck did I just do?" look on his face.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Just finished watching part 1. Surprised that Bill Walsh was so snotty towards the Cowboys behind the scenes. Can't imagine Landry standing in a film room and saying something like "That Montana is such a hot dog. We're gonna kick his ass this week."

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bill Walsh was always innovative, but he had a bit of jilted lover in him.

Paul Brown didn't give me credit...waa waa waa

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just finished watching part 1. Surprised that Bill Walsh was so snotty towards the Cowboys behind the scenes. Can't imagine Landry standing in a film room and saying something like "That Montana is such a hot dog. We're gonna kick his ass this week."
Yeah he was like, "This damn Dallas team.... always some excuse when they lose. 'Our equipment didn't show' or, 'we had this injury or that.' It's always something" and, "This is the play we'll use in the 4th quarter when they're tired and confused and wanna go home."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

when he said stuff like this, it struck me that he was merely trying to get his players fired up and motivated

Reaction score
Yeah he was like, "This damn Dallas team.... always some excuse when they lose. 'Our equipment didn't show' or, 'we had this injury or that.' It's always something" and, "This is the play we'll use in the 4th quarter when they're tired and confused and wanna go home."
To be fair, that's what most of the league was saying back during that time.

Reaction score
Without that he was GONE. Pearson had lost a step? Or was it just dumb luck for the defender. But these are the things it took for them to beat Dallas that day, vengeful minded as they were over the 42-10 or something like that, embarrassment the 9ers handed them a few weeks prior.

Well, to be fair, Dallas gave an epic spanking to the Whiners the year before by a score of 59-14. Football gods were just not on our side in that championship. Needed just one play to go our way and there were several game changers that simply did not. I still get bummed out today thinking how close we were and I think we beat the Bengals without as much trouble as SF had with them.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Watching that, I had never seen the Jimmy talking to Deion on the sidelines before. Wow... What could've been.

He was recruiting Deion, saying "keep me in mind" when you become a free agent. why would he be doing that if he didn't intend to coach in 1994? yet a few weeks later, he was gone.

Top Bottom