GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm writing this. But I'm sold. This guy is a franchise changer. This is the kind of guy that can come in and completely change the culture of an entire franchise.

I don't think he will last til our pick. But if for some reason he does, take this guy without thinking twice. This guy is the real deal. I'm sold.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't worry, I alerted the team to him last year after he won the Heisman.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm writing this. But I'm sold. This guy is a franchise changer. This is the kind of guy that can come in and completely change the culture of an entire franchise.

I don't think he will last til our pick. But if for some reason he does, take this guy without thinking twice. This guy is the real deal. I'm sold.

He's a great college player, but unless whomever drafts him lets him run a school yard offense, he isn't going to do much in the NFL.

He's also a grade A knucklehead. Maybe he grows out of that, but its a crapshoot.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good to see some of you coming around on him. :) He's always had that "it" factor. He's just a huge winner. He's great under pressure. As big as a d-bag as he may he, he's by all accounts a tremendous competitor. His passing has improved a lot and he's a lot better athlete than you think.

Why can't he run something like Wilson does in Seattle? Yes, you have to roll him out some, but so what, that's okay.

Of course it wouldn't work with Garrett, who would try to make him into Troy Aikman/Dan Fouts. A younger OC with some spread influence and an open mind could win with him, I think.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's also a grade A knucklehead. Maybe he grows out of that, but its a crapshoot.

His issues have been centered around money, fame, and his "amateur" status. Not really an issue at the next level. He'll be fine BUT I would worry about coming to the zero accountability environment that Jerry runs here.

Reaction score
He certainly has the potential to be a great QB if he gets with an offense that will let him freelance. Garrett would never fully use his talents. And echo TE... if Russell Wilson can be a solid QB in this league, Manziel can.

Top Bottom