C

Cr122

Sensabum is gone, so that leaves us with, Barry Church, AOA, and Danny McCray.

Unless our coaching staff knows one of these guys are ready to take over, we'll sign two safeties.

This will be the second safety that didn't pan out for us. First Hamlin, now Sensabum.

Reaction score
BTW I broke down the numbers and they can save $40M on restructings and cutting dead weight. So if the cap is close to what it was last year they have about $30M to sign lets say Free, Cullen Jenkins, Elam, and Huff

.....and a Kosier

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW I broke down the numbers and they can save $40M on restructings and cutting dead weight. So if the cap is close to what it was last year they have about $30M to sign lets say Free, Cullen Jenkins, Elam, and Huff

.....and a Kosier

Exactly why unlike a certain message board cancer who has predicted nothing but gloom and doom for our cap situation, I've chosen to take the wait and see approach.

Reaction score
Exactly why unlike a certain message board cancer who has predicted nothing but gloom and doom for our cap situation, I've chosen to take the wait and see approach.

Actually I just crunched some more numbers and we can end up with about $30M in cap room after restructuring. And thanks to the rookie scale almost all $30M is available

Free's cap number can be in the $3M-$4M even if he is valued at a $7M range so they could easily afford Free, *two new safeties, Cullen Jenkins, and maybe another guard if Leonard Davis doesnt take a cut.

* Manning or Huff AND Elam or Landry

Not locking up Free is creating an unnecessary hole. Even with all of our dead weight(6 of our top 10 earners are not part of the future) we can still get guys signed.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Actually I just crunched some more numbers and we can end up with about $30M in cap room after restructuring. And thanks to the rookie scale almost all $30M is available

Free's cap number can be in the $3M-$4M even if he is valued at a $7M range so they could easily afford Free, *two new safeties, Cullen Jenkins, and maybe another guard if Leonard Davis doesnt take a cut.

* Manning or Huff AND Elam or Landry

Not locking up Free is creating an unnecessary hole. Even with all of our dead weight(6 of our top 10 earners are not part of the future) we can still get guys signed.

What about cutting Terrence Newman?

Reaction score
What about cutting Terrence Newman?

Cutting him saves some money yes. I think they COULD make the switch form Newmy to Nnamdi. Everyone says Nnamdi wants to win. No he isnt coming at a bargain, hes still human.

Revis signed for 4/46. Can they get Nnamdi for that?

What I think happens is Newman restructures/takes a pay cut to stay on the team. Stephen mentioned DL as a big FA target after the draft and I think they want Cullen Jenkins. Who wont come cheap either.

Reaction score
Oh yea and Igor. Cut his ass and give Bowen that deal. Cullen Jenkins - Rat - Bowen

Sensy, Colombo, Igor, Leonard Davis, Barber, Ball all gone. Exercise the demons.

And by this time next year Roy and Martelleus will be gone.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If the Texans didn't learn anything from snagging Jacques Reeves out of FA after his forgettable Cowboys days then let'em have it ........

Enjoy Texans Fans

[video=youtube;GrPvyK7Bjj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrPvyK7Bjj0[/video]

Newman is as much to blame as Sensebaugh on that play.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Cutting him saves some money yes. I think they COULD make the switch form Newmy to Nnamdi. Everyone says Nnamdi wants to win. No he isnt coming at a bargain, hes still human.

Revis signed for 4/46. Can they get Nnamdi for that?

What I think happens is Newman restructures/takes a pay cut to stay on the team. Stephen mentioned DL as a big FA target after the draft and I think they want Cullen Jenkins. Who wont come cheap either.

A 4 year deal for a guy Nmandi's age is what I would shoot for. Give him the moon his 1st 2 years and then when he's getting towards his twighlight years (34/35), you don't have to re-sign him as he'll be a FA anyways and a team like the Redskins can go Deion Sanders ala 1999 again.

theogt

Reaction score
I don't see why it would be any less likely than one new safety and Sensabaugh. You'd still have to sign two UFA safeties.
That's a pretty strong point. I was previously of the mindset that you have to keep Sensabaugh if only because it seemed unrealistic to add two quality safeties. But you make a good point.

It has to be fixed, though, or we're getting the same result under Rob as under Wade. In the same way there's a symbiotic relationship between pass-rush and coverage, there's a symbiotic relationship between corners and safeties. Our corners didn't go from some of the best in the league in 09 to the worst in the league in 10. The safeties did.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Newman is as much to blame as Sensebaugh on that play.

Newman is a dumb ass anyway. He was 25 when we drafted him so what does that tell you. That running to the star incident after TO came aboard kinda turned me off. Just dumb.

Top Bottom