C

Cr122

Gerald Sensabaugh likely out until season opener with shoulder injury
Posted at 11:57 PM on Sat., Aug. 21, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Gerald Sensabaugh's preseason might be over with a hurt left shoulder, making him the fourth starter to be KO'd by an injury in the preseason.

Sensabaugh suffered the injury on the first play of the second series. The X rays were negative but he will have an MRI in the morning. He said he jammed his arm into the ground as he went in for a tackle of running back Ryan Matthews.

"I'm a little frustrated, but I'll be all right," Sensabaiugh said.

Sensabaugh played almost all of last year with a cast to protect a broken thumb. Now his second season starts with a shoulder injury.

He joins Marc Colombo (knee), Kyle Kosier (knee) and Marcus Spears (knee) as the starters likely out until the Sept. 12 opener at Washington and that does not include wide receiver Dez Bryant (ankle).

Barry Church replaced Sensabauigh and finished with five tackles and a fumble recovery he returned 80 yards to set up the Cowboys' first touchdown.

"That benefitted me a lot," Church said of his extended playing time. "I think I was able to just show I'm able to play against some of the top talent in the NFL in San Diego. We'll see what happens after that."

Top Bottom