sbk92

Reaction score
NFL.com Wire Reports

Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett took full responsibility for trying an ill-fated play at the end of the first half Sunday against the Washington Redskins instead of having quarterback Tony Romo take a knee.

"In hindsight, it should've been called off," Garrett said Wednesday. "It's our job as coaches to prepare players to play as well as they can on individual plays.

"You have to manage situations better. That was a situation where we should have taken a knee and just gone into the locker room."

The Cowboys trailed 3-0 and had the ball at their own 30-yard line with 27 records remaining. On the last play -- 4 seconds were left when the ball was snapped -- Romo threw short to Tashard Choice, who had the ball stripped by Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall with help from Lorenzo Alexander and Andre Carter. Hall picked up the ball and ran for the score, somersaulting into the end zone -- the Redskins' only touchdown in a 13-7 victory.

"We put them in a situation where that could happen and that was unfortunate because it obviously made a difference in the game," Garrett said.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Monday it was ultimately his fault because he could have overruled Garrett. However, Garrett said Wednesday: "I called the play. It's my fault."

C

Cr122

lol...I was wrong again, man I'm terrible lately.

I'm old school and go with the Head Coach for the blame.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Good on ya Garrett,

Now, Learn to adjust to what the defense is doing to you at halftime and you and the coach stop leaving suckass RT's on an island.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good on ya Garrett,

Now, Learn to adjust to what the defense is doing to you at halftime and you and the coach stop leaving suckass RT's on an island.

We didn't lose as a result of his lack of adjustment---none was needed as far as I was concerned in regards to the Redskins' defense, it was his drive-killing playcalling.

Plymkr

Reaction score
That can also be summed up to adjusting to what they are doing. This play or that play ain't working because of what the defense is doing. They changed it up and started succeeding when they were in panic mode trying to score in the 4th qtr. 1st Qtr was horrendous.

Dallas really lost on a boneheaded playcall by Garrett, so, I will give ya that. Definately need better play calling.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That can also be summed up to adjusting to what they are doing. This play or that play ain't working because of what the defense is doing. They changed it up and started succeeding when they were in panic mode trying to score in the 4th qtr. 1st Qtr was horrendous.

Dallas really lost on a boneheaded playcall by Garrett, so, I will give ya that. Definately need better play calling.

You have Austin, Witten, Romo, Bryant, Felix, Barber, Choice, and even Roy, and yet 7 points is all you can come up with? It's the OC. Too many others have done more with less.

Plymkr

Reaction score
You have Austin, Witten, Romo, Bryant, Felix, Barber, Choice, and even Roy, and yet 7 points is all you can come up with? It's the OC. Too many others have done more with less.

While I don't really care for Garrett. It's not Garrett out there overthrowing players, committing penalties, etc. Players are accountable too.

And the defense, while playing well, damn, if they could of just got a turnover, changed up that game. Other defenses, with less, do that all that time. I love this Defense, too a point. Lack of turnovers is gonna kill this team as well.

Top Bottom