Reaction score
Cowboys defensive tackle Brian Schaefering, signed Wednesday to provide depth in the wake of Jay Ratliff’s surgery for a sports hernia, has shown enough in practice that he could be active for Sunday’s game.

“Absolutely, he can be active. He’s practiced well the last couple of days,” coach Jason Garrett said of Schaefering, who played for Cowboys’ defensive coordinator Rob Ryan at Cleveland and understands Ryan’s scheme. “He’s been a good player in this scheme. He has been a guy that was on our radar screen this year if something were to happen.

We have had some injuries in the defensive line and … we just needed to have more bodies in. To get a veteran player like that, who knows our scheme, a tough guy who understands what to do in a short period of time, I thought he was a good answer for us.”

Schaefering, a fifth-year pro who has 10 starts in his NFL career, offers depth to a line that will be without Ratliff, a Pro Bowler, and Josh Brent, who was placed Wednesday on the reserve/non-football illness list, effectively ending his season. Brent faces a charge of intoxication manslaughter in last week’s car accident that killed linebacker Jerry Brown, a member of the Cowboys’ practice squad.

_ Jimmy Burch

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...impact-from-dt-schaefering.html#storylink=cpy

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Had we not waited so late to IR Ratliff he could have been in here sooner.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Are we the only team suffering injuries? How come all these "players" are just hanging around? Are they that much under the radar?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Are we the only team suffering injuries? How come all these "players" are just hanging around? Are they that much under the radar?

I'm not sure. I'm more puzzled why it takes this team so fucking long to IR people. From what I observe the whole staff (minus a select few) on the football side of this organization needs to be shitcanned.

Reaction score
Don't look for stats. And don't look for an immediate impact. This guy will do nothing. He is only here because he "knows" Ryans system. He sucks.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't look for stats. And don't look for an immediate impact. This guy will do nothing. He is only here because he "knows" Ryans system. He sucks.

I wasn't expecting anything from the guy. Just wanted to know the stats. So... looks like another undersized NT. BRILLIANT!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I "envisioned an immediate impact" from Garrett replacing Wade. I'm still waiting.

well we did see an immediate impact...a 1-7 team that had been getting flogged badly the prior weeks went on the road and upset a much better team the frist week he was coach

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
well we did see an immediate impact...a 1-7 team that had been getting flogged badly the prior weeks went on the road and upset a much better team the frist week he was coach

Which was a result of effort.

I'll give him that much, in spite of being more penalty and mistake prone right now, at least the team is trying really hard at doing it.

Top Bottom