Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're gonna be there in person and give us real-time reports, pictures and video.

Not at those ticket prices

I just updated my previous post

Unless my cousin in law can come thru. He’s working on getting us decent tickets

I’ll have to go and tailgate with all Rams fans, but I’m used to being outnumbered as a Cowboy fan out here. And I look forward to the nice quiet ride home while they all lick their wounds and wonder wtf just happened to their team. LOL

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not at those ticket prices

I just updated my previous post

Unless my cousin in law can come thru. He’s working on getting us decent tickets

I’ll have to go and tailgate with all Rams fans, but I’m used to being outnumbered as a Cowboy fan out here. And I look forward to the nice quiet ride home while they all lick their wounds and wonder wtf just happened to their team. LOL

Bull fucking shit. YOU ARE GOING TO THE GAME AND WILL BE POSTING REAL-TIME REPORTS, PICTURES AND VIDEOS!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Scot said:
Decent seats that you would actually want for the game are selling in the $600-$1000+ range
I saw a report this morning quoting a figure in the neighborhood of $3K.

YOU'RE GOING.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The only thing I truly sweat is our special teams. Your real weaknesses get greatly magnified in the divisional round even moreso than the wild card. All that said, it's going to take a towering all-star effort by our defense like the one against the Saints, to pull this one off.
Special teams have been bad this year, particularly on kick coverage. Donald is my other concern. With him about Dak can't take forever in the pocket like he usually does. He's got to get the ball out quick. I hope we run a lot, both through Zeke and Dak. Shorten the game, win the time of possession battle, keep their high powered offense on the sidelines and our defense fresh. When we have to pass, maybe use some designed roll outs, to get Dak away from Donald.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ain't it a great time to be alive, men? Our team is going to LA to play the Rams in a divisional playoff game, the winner of which gets to play for the Halas Trophy and a berth in the Super Bowl! In a game that we can make the last NFL game in the famed, historic LA Colosseum.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
These types of games where we just hang on going into the 4th quarter drive me nuts. It makes for exciting football but I'd rather we put the game away when we have the chance. But I guess that's not possible or practical in today's NFL.

We always hear how this team fights hard for Red and never quits. Its great to win close games but its nice to have some games where the other team is taken to the woodshed every once in a while too. We play hard but we cant seem to put the hammer down and kick another team when we have them down and put them away. 8 years of never stomping other teams into the turf.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ain't it a great time to be alive, men? Our team is going to LA to play the Rams in a divisional playoff game, the winner of which gets to play for the Halas Trophy and a berth in the Super Bowl! In a game that we can make the last NFL game in the famed, historic LA Colosseum.

Kroenke's palace doesnt open til 2020 but yeah everything else sounds good. Not many of us thought the Dallas Cowboys would be playing a game the second weekend in January. I think its gonna be a great game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We played the Rams last yr and lost at home. A few notes from that game:

- Final score was 35-30 Rams. We had built leads of 17-6 and 24-13 in the first half, we scored on all 4 first half possessions

- Rams caught and passed us by scoring on 5 straight 2nd half possessions

- Gurley had a monster day vs us, 121 yds on 23 carries, and another 94 yds on 7 catches. Had 1 TD

- Goff was 21/36 fr 255yds and 2 tds, 0 picks. We sacked him only once.

- Zeke had 85 yds and a TD on the ground, and had 4 catches, 54 yds and another TD via air

- Prescott was 20/36 for 252, 3 tds but had a costly 2nd half pick

- Game completely changed, we were up 17-6 and had forced another punt that Switzer muffed. A few plays later Rams scored their 1st TD to make it 17-13

- Aaron Donald had two tackles and no sacks in the game. Tavon Austin (then with rams) carried the ball 6 times for 48 yds

- We outgained them 440-412 and as mentioned above, had scored on all 4 first half possessions. Outrushed them and we gained over 180 yds on the ground. The two turnovers ended up costing us 10pts. We made them settle for 7 field goals in the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We always hear how this team fights hard for Red and never quits. Its great to win close games but its nice to have some games where the other team is taken to the woodshed every once in a while too. We play hard but we cant seem to put the hammer down and kick another team when we have them down and put them away. 8 years of never stomping other teams into the turf.

While somewhat true this yr (only one win by double digits, the 40-7 beat down of Jacksonville) here are some recent years:

2017: 7 wins by 10+ points. 3 of those were 20+
2016: 6 wins by 10+ 2 of those 20+
2015: 2 wins by 10+ (4-12 season)
2014: 8 wins by 10+, 3 were 21+
2013: 3 wins 10+
2012: 1 win 10+
2011: 4 wins 10+

Reaction score
The vibe I get from reading around the net is that Rams fans are more nervous about this game than the Cowboys fans are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The vibe I get from reading around the net is that Rams fans are more nervous about this game than the Cowboys fans are.

They laid an egg at home last yr in WC round vs the Falcons. They didnt play very well offensively or defensively that game.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
While somewhat true this yr (only one win by double digits, the 40-7 beat down of Jacksonville) here are some recent years:

2017: 7 wins by 10+ points. 3 of those were 20+
2016: 6 wins by 10+ 2 of those 20+
2015: 2 wins by 10+ (4-12 season)
2014: 8 wins by 10+, 3 were 21+
2013: 3 wins 10+
2012: 1 win 10+
2011: 4 wins 10+

It sure doesnt seem like we've had that many games winning by 10 or more under the Red Regime. Im not disputing your post, but it doesnt seem like it. Its just the Garrett affect I guess.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
They laid an egg at home last yr in WC round vs the Falcons. They didnt play very well offensively or defensively that game.

The Rams didnt close out the season playing their best football. We had a nice run to finish the regular season and win the division. Even if I wasnt a Cowboys fan I wouldnt be putting any money on the Rams for this game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not nervous about it at all, just the one caveat I have is our dismal ST, I'm more anxious for it to get started than I am nervous at all.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Rams didnt close out the season playing their best football. We had a nice run to finish the regular season and win the division. Even if I wasnt a Cowboys fan I wouldnt be putting any money on the Rams for this game.
But of course they've had that week to rest and heal up.

And rust over.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Top Bottom