Reaction score
Agreed. That was just a draining read and I couldn't believe Martin went there. I was curious to see how they would pull it off on TV, and they just nailed it...even with the liberties taken with the source. I ~almost~ wish I hadn't read the book so I could've gotten that gut-punch like my wife, who cried like a li'l bitch.
My jaw literally dropped when I was reading it. It ruined my day.

I read that GRRM actually directed or wrote the script for the Red Wedding. I think he made it an outstanding episode... just like it should have been.

I was hoping that the last episode of the season would cover the next big-ass development, but it looks like they're saving it for season 4 which is for the best, I think.
They're definitely saving it for next season. They have another wedding to build up for there.

Will be interesting to see how they put a cliff-hanger on this season though.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I have my reservations on how the author could EVER do enough damage to everyone else to pay back the Starks for their misery.

I mean shit, so far in 3 seasons he's taken a Father with a son who is about 19, a bastard son who just turns 18 the second episode, a son that's 9? a son that's 6 a daughter who is 14 and another daughter who is 11 and has....

Had the father watch his 9 year old son be paralyzed, before having to leave him and miss an assassin nearly kill him and his wife to go to work for a King whom he was best friends with and become his right hand man again only to find out the Kings wife is fucking her twin brother and the kids that the King believes are his are actually his brother in law's and when he confronts the Queen, she has the king killed and then cuts the man's head off in front of both his daughter's whom he sees, but it doesn't even there as he had bequeathed his oldest daughter to marry the incestuous now new boy King who is a Psychopath (probably from being a product of incest) and likes to kill things, mostly women, but makes sure to show the daughter who is boss by showing her the dad's head, her helpers head, and everyone else they could find in their house at the time's head.

The youngest daughter is swept away by his brother, only to be taken as prisoner by guys that put a rat in a pail and place it to your belly and light a fire at one end to make the rat burrow through your ass, only to escape with the help of a man that can apparently kill anyone and she doesn't ask him to kill all the fuckers that did her family wrong which pisses me off to no fucking end, but I digress. We'll move on from her for a moment while we attend to the bastard son who is talked into (read: forced by his wife) to join the Nights Watch and make a vow to never leave the wall he guards, take a wife, father a son, basically go be a fucking monk with armor and a sword and is then lost in the winter, but only after having to almost freeze to death and be found by a fucking hot red head I'd bang every day that ends in a y happily for eternity, yet is to dumb to just do that and has now returned and has lost said red head! What a dumb ass!!

Add in that the Queen and her Brother were caught to start the show, by the guy that had his head cut off and they were the ones that threw him out a window, killed the dude, has now made his oldest daughter marry a fucking dwarf (although if you are gonna have to marry a dorf, that's the dorf you'd wanna marry I'd think)

Oh yeah and add in his trusted Squire that he treated as if he were a son and trained as if he were to be a Lord someday, went back to his dad and to make his daddy proud, takes over his castle and burns it to the ground and almost kills the youngest kids.

And the culmination last night, we see said dude that had his head cut off's oldest son AND his wife and the son's wife (who is preggers with a baby they are gonna name after the dead head cut off dude) and all their trusted aids and generals and the works, slaughtered for a full 20 minutes of the most gore ever used in TV. EVER. In FRONT of his youngest daughter who gets to also see both dire wolves that have been killed KILLED.

I mean after last night, the Family Crest of Stark is an oldest Daughter who is now married to the dorf brother of the queen and her brother and is the uncle to the fucking kid king I'd like to see killed with a million cuts who is also the son of the guy that just sent spies through a dude they trusted to kill his wife his son and his son's wife and their baby and all his kin and their kin.

Anyway, lost place... Oh yeah, Oldest Daughter married to a great guy who happens to be kin to the worst people in the series. Youngest daughter is hanging out with a guy named Dog that I'm still trying to figure out why he keeps helping the girls as much as he does The son that is paraylzed is the new "Lord of the Manor" , but is absent making the 5 year old the Lord and there just isn't much left of House Stark.

My only reason to watch moving forward will be to see Khalissa sic her Dragons on the rest of the Kingdom and burn them to the ground. My God why do they only make 10 a fucking year????? WHY???? DRAGOKKKK!!!!!

Reaction score
Here's a mash up of people's reactions to watching the episode.

[video=youtube;xmWCqrMdqE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xmWCqrMdqE0[/video]

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Funny stuff.

I wonder if there is one like that for the sopranos finale?

Boardwalk empire has a moment or two like this also.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
It's hbo.

They don't make shows that suck.

They have reinvented tv essentially over the past 15 years.

I agree for the most part but have you seen the show Girls, Enlightened, Family Tree, Life is too short

There awful

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I have a problem with the show killing robs wife, the books have hinted pretty damn strongly that she got switched with her sister and escaped. The only reason for her to do that would be if she was pregnant.

So either HBO fvcked themselves out of the ending, grrm's bitch ass changed shit for tv, or all the hints that he drops aren't meant to pan out. And since I think grrm wrote the episode, I doubt hbo made a mistake.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree for the most part but have you seen the show Girls, Enlightened, Family Tree, Life is too short

There awful

Not the best for sure, but still higher quality than the crappy stuff networks produce.

Girls is terrible for sure though......John from Cincinnati was awful also.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a problem with the show killing robs wife, the books have hinted pretty damn strongly that she got switched with her sister and escaped. The only reason for her to do that would be if she was pregnant.

In the book she isn't there at all. She isn't pregnant, either.

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say... I thought they left Rob's wife behind in the book. Of course, the wife was a completely different person in the book, and there wasn't much about her in there at all. I found it interesting that in the book they made such a big deal about leaving her behind so as not to insult Frey, but in this episode they had her there and Rob was kissing her in the hall. Completely different behavior. Actually made me cringe and think, "now you've done it."

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
In the book she isn't there at all. She isn't pregnant, either.

He hints pretty hard that she escapes with his uncle and the lannister capture her sister. To me that screams pregnant.

Hopefully that means if they finish the shows before the books they won't ruin the ending, because the Starks are coming back.

Reaction score
Haven't read book 4 yet, but I think you're referring to her escaping Riverrun... not the Twins.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He hints pretty hard that she escapes with his uncle and the lannister capture her sister. To me that screams pregnant.

Hopefully that means if they finish the shows before the books they won't ruin the ending, because the Starks are coming back.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but she isn't pregnant.

I don't know how far you've read but I think less and less the Starks are doing any coming back. The ones who are left should have some interesting stories, but I don't see them getting revenge.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're talking about but she isn't pregnant.

I don't know how far you've read but I think less and less the Starks are doing any coming back. The ones who are left should have some interesting stories, but I don't see them getting revenge.

Wow, I didn't realize you are an idiot outside of politics as well, maybe you are stupid. Book 7 used to be called the return of wolves.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
**SPOILERS**

Here, Jeebus... http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jeyne_Westerling

Jeyne Westerling was Robb's wife in the books. She stayed at Riverrun when the Starks went to the twins. The link talks about what happens to her in AFFC.
I guarantee you the girl in mourning mentioned in that wiki is not jeyne, rather we will find that it is her sister who feigned mournin in order to have a reason to shred all her clothes and disguising the fact they have a different girl.

I hate casual fans.

I am sure you are all convinced eddard stark is John snows father too.

Top Bottom