dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see how this fared in other elections previously, the link containts a US Map showing blue/red, I just cant figure out how to post it.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...-state-numbers-predict-huge-obama-loss/352881

Gallup released their annual state-by-state presidential approval numbers yesterday, and the results should have 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue very worried. If President Obama carries only those states where he had a net positive approval rating in 2011 (e.g. Michigan where he is up 48 percent to 44 percent), Obama would lose the 2012 election to the Republican nominee 323 electoral votes to 215.

Gallup adds:

Overall, Obama averaged 44% job approval in his third year in office, down from 47% in his second year. His approval rating declined from 2010 to 2011 in most states, with Wyoming, Connecticut, and Maine showing a marginal increase, and Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Jersey, Arizona, West Virginia, Michigan, and Georgia showing declines of less than a full percentage point. The greatest declines were in Hawaii, South Dakota, Nebraska, and New Mexico.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd agree if the Republicans could come up with a suitable candidate.

But they can't even come up with a candidate that THEY like or respect. Newt is an arrogant racist imbecile and Romney is a hypocrite who is too liberal for the Republican base to get excited about. They are making the EXACT same mistakes the Democrats made with Kerry when trying to unseat the worst president of all time, and Bush got elected anyhow. Independents couldn't wait to elect someone who was NOT Bush, then they saw the options the democrats trotted out and decided maybe Bush wasn't THAT bad.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd agree if the Republicans could come up with a suitable candidate.

But they can't even come up with a candidate that THEY like or respect. Newt is an arrogant racist imbecile and Romney is a hypocrite who is too liberal for the Republican base to get excited about. They are making the EXACT same mistakes the Democrats made with Kerry when trying to unseat the worst president of all time, and Bush got elected anyhow. Independents couldn't wait to elect someone who was NOT Bush, then they saw the options the democrats trotted out and decided maybe Bush wasn't THAT bad.

The worst President of all time (by far) is the one in office now.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The worst Presdident of all time (by far) is the one in office now.

And the crazy thing is that the Republicans can't find anyone who would even be a mild challenge to him. Somehow they found an asshole and a piece of wood. And the piece of wood is going to get the nomination.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The worst Presdident of all time (by far) is the one in office now.

9/11, enron, the war in iraq and the housing market crash.

Thats pretty much the calling card of a horrendous decade

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
9/11, enron, the war in iraq and the housing market crash.

Thats pretty much the calling card of a horrendous decade

housing market is all on your liberal heros Theebs

Bush screwed up alot, but overhuling the FM and FM were things he wanted to do, and got rejected

Putting 9/11 in there is a joke

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And the crazy thing is that the Republicans can't find anyone who would even be a mild challenge to him. Somehow they found an asshole and a piece of wood. And the piece of wood is going to get the nomination.

we shall see

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
housing market is all on your liberal heros Theebs

Bush screwed up alot, but overhuling the FM and FM were things he wanted to do, and got rejected

Putting 9/11 in there is a joke

I am not blaming bush for 911.

I am simply saying all of these tragic american events happened while he was in office. I cant imagine a worse decade.

and the liberals all alone in the housing market crash comment is pretty hillarious.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am not blaming bush for 911.

I am simply saying all of these tragic american events happened while he was in office. I cant imagine a worse decade.

and the liberals all alone in the housing market crash comment is pretty hillarious.

Isnt funny to me, I'm one of the victims of it because of losers like Frank and Dodd, people who should probably be in jail for their roles in this garbage

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or ahem...Newt...who received hundreds of thousands of dollars to lobby for FM & FM.

Or ahem...Romney...who made his living in the financial game that is rigged to fall apart while people like him get rich.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Isnt funny to me, I'm one of the victims of it because of losers like Frank and Dodd, people who should probably be in jail for their roles in this garbage

that is terrible to hear. I feel bad for you if you lost your home or something.

but to state that one side caused the housing market crash is crazy.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hey Dbair could you put the approval ratings up for the Republican candidates so we can get some perspective?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can't see how anyone could be for, or against any of these crooked fucks.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't see how anyone could be for, or against any of these crooked fucks.

We can't all live in an ivory tower high atop mount betterthanyoufucks and look down on it all while simultaneously doing nothing to change it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We can't all live in an ivory tower high atop mount betterthanyoufucks and look down on it all while simultaneously doing nothing to change it.

No.

But we could all agree that neither side cares about the people they're supposed to be working for.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No.

But we could all agree that neither side cares about the people they're supposed to be working for.

absolutely true. the people responsible for the housing market crash are from both sides. they are criminals and not a single one has been held accountable.

I thought that was what the wall street protests were about, a common issue to everyone. Accountability. Responsibility and change in government so that these guys could never do this again.

instead all of the people either were rehired to new positions on new panels in the government, went back to their cushy jobs at harvard, columbia etc or retired to the good life with a fortune like the douchebag from countrywide.

It was fraud and everyone on both sides knew it was going on but because the lobbyists have more power than anyone they do what they want.

Top Bottom