Reaction score
I think saying dez grandstands on the sideline is race based. Bout time someone shows some emotion on the sideline anyways.

So I can see those people's points that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Reaction score
What did you just say?

You drinking already?

Oh come on I know there's a tendency to romanticize the past players omg no qb will ever be better than montana jim brown best running back eva lol but seriously Dez Bryant is probably on Irvins level right now and has room to get better so get on the bandwagon early kthxbai

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe Jerry knows what he's doing here.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...ra-gregg-popovich-blast-turnover-nba-coaching

"I think it's a terrible state for the profession right now," Spoelstra said during a conference call Friday amid a two-day break before Game 5 on Sunday against the San Antonio Spurs. "[For] true success in the NBA, you must have consistency of culture. When you see that type of turnover over and over and over again, it's impossible to create any kind of sustainable culture. And we don't see it as a coincidence. We see it differently."

Popovich said owners don't tend to be as patient with the process of building a team and an infrastructure that can withstand a few losing seasons in the process of building.

"The change, change, change thing doesn't really work, [and] you can see that in a lot of organizations," Popovich said Friday. "When things don't happen quickly, I think some owners become frustrated. Some even take it personally -- almost like a little bit of an embarrassment because they've been so successful in their own way and have a hard time understanding the business."

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mark Cuban is the worst at trading players. There is absolutely no continuity to that team.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Maybe Jerry knows what he's doing here.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...ra-gregg-popovich-blast-turnover-nba-coaching

"I think it's a terrible state for the profession right now," Spoelstra said during a conference call Friday amid a two-day break before Game 5 on Sunday against the San Antonio Spurs. "[For] true success in the NBA, you must have consistency of culture. When you see that type of turnover over and over and over again, it's impossible to create any kind of sustainable culture. And we don't see it as a coincidence. We see it differently."

Popovich said owners don't tend to be as patient with the process of building a team and an infrastructure that can withstand a few losing seasons in the process of building.

"The change, change, change thing doesn't really work, [and] you can see that in a lot of organizations," Popovich said Friday. "When things don't happen quickly, I think some owners become frustrated. Some even take it personally -- almost like a little bit of an embarrassment because they've been so successful in their own way and have a hard time understanding the business."

Your argument has some merit. I'll present Jim Harbaugh as my counter argument.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When you find a Gregg Poppovich, of course continuity is the way to go.

I don't think anyone believes the Heat are where they are because of Spolstra, though.

Reaction score
Pops also coached for like 30 years and won a title within a couple seasons of taking over that job. Spolstra is really doing nothing too commendable. He's like a Brian Billick of title coaches. Garrett is an absolutely shitty field general working for an even shittier boss. The only comparable situation in recent times is Jim Zorn in DC.

Reaction score
I'm essentially pressing reset on my Garrett judgement this year.

Thus far, I'm conflicted on how he's handled the roster. I think he's done a good job of increasing talent and bringing in smart players who love the game. At the same time, I hate how the trenches seem like an after thought to him. I like how he handles the media for the most part. But I hate his game day performances. We get outcoached routinely.

But I really think he'll do well in the field general role. So like I said, I'm giving him a clean slate going into this year.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
When you find a Gregg Poppovich, of course continuity is the way to go.

I don't think anyone believes the Heat are where they are because of Spolstra, though.

A poppovich and a Tim Fucking Duncan (not to mention the 15 years with the Admiral before that).

Yea continuity is the way to go.

Reaction score
I'm essentially pressing reset on my Garrett judgement this year.

Thus far, I'm conflicted on how he's handled the roster. I think he's done a good job of increasing talent and bringing in smart players who love the game. At the same time, I hate how the trenches seem like an after thought to him. I like how he handles the media for the most part. But I hate his game day performances. We get outcoached routinely.

But I really think he'll do well in the field general role. So like I said, I'm giving him a clean slate going into this year.

I read this several times to try to find the actual things that Jason is truly responsible for.

Handle the roster? Alone? Really? At best he gets to request that his players are nice guys with high motors.
Field general? No signs of that at all. We have an adequate sample of his head coaching role and as you said he gets outcoached.
His only exclusive role that truly was his own was the offensive playbook.
From there it's really tough to see any difference in the team or how they play if he just did not show up for a few games. Nothing changes during the game and his gameplan remains virtually the same since 2007. Dom Capers just texted me with a LOL.

I just can't understand what you are waiting for and what you have seen of his exclusive fingerprints of success and leadership that gives the hint of hope that something different is going to occur this time as opposed to all of the other times.

Handle the roster? Really?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Garrett should be the GM, you would have to be a ****** to not have noticed the increase in productive talent since he took over Head Coach. Not that he's done much with it thus far.

Reaction score
I read this several times to try to find the actual things that Jason is truly responsible for.

Handle the roster? Alone? Really? At best he gets to request that his players are nice guys with high motors.
Field general? No signs of that at all. We have an adequate sample of his head coaching role and as you said he gets outcoached.
His only exclusive role that truly was his own was the offensive playbook.
From there it's really tough to see any difference in the team or how they play if he just did not show up for a few games. Nothing changes during the game and his gameplan remains virtually the same since 2007. Dom Capers just texted me with a LOL.

I just can't understand what you are waiting for and what you have seen of his exclusive fingerprints of success and leadership that gives the hint of hope that something different is going to occur this time as opposed to all of the other times.

Handle the roster? Really?

I guess I'm just more football smart than you.

Top Bottom