VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
What started out as an effort by President Reagan ( LOL WTF??) to help poor people in rural areas have a phone in cases of emergency has mushroomed into what critics suspect is a new welfare program.
"The cost has gone from $143 million a few years ago to $2.2 billion today," Republican Louisiana Sen. David Vitter said, noting that today's cost is 15 times what it was.

Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Democrat from Missouri, was incensed when she got an offer of a free phone.
"I got solicitation for a free phone at my apartment, which is certainly not a building where you're going to have people who are qualified for free phones. ... There is clearly money being wasted here."

lolfoxnewslol

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So when Ronald Reagan isn't usurping union power and taking money from the 'working man' from beyond the grave, he's giving out free cell phones.

Sweet!

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I particularly admire Reagan's initiative in trying to help those poor people, even after all these years of being dead.

I'm not sure why he gets such a bad rap.

ThaBigP

Cheerleader
Reaction score
No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
-The Gipper

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's funny when the media berates congressional Republicans for being so "uncompromising" because, in the 1980s, congressional Democrats left Reagan high and dry so many times after he compromised.

Reagan granted amnesty to illegal aliens after Congress agreed to tighten up border security. They didn't.

Reagan raised the capital gains tax rate and indexed it to the top marginal rate, all in the name of the fairness and with full knowledge it wouldn't increase tax revenue, after Congress agreed to reform the welfare state. They didn't.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
It's funny when the media berates congressional Republicans for being so "uncompromising" because, in the 1980s, congressional Democrats left Reagan high and dry so many times after he compromised.

Reagan granted amnesty to illegal aliens after Congress agreed to tighten up border security. They didn't.

Reagan raised the capital gains tax rate and indexed it to the top marginal rate, all in the name of the fairness and with full knowledge it wouldn't increase tax revenue, after Congress agreed to reform the welfare state. They didn't.

and people wonder why we don't trust the democrat leadership. They have lied and broken more promises than I can count. Now amnesty is coming (again) and 30 years later we still have not secured the borders. I saw a story yesterday that says 99.5 of the young people that have applied for citizenship under Obama's end run around congress have received it. Sounds like they are doing a very thorough background check. Sigh...

ThaBigP

Cheerleader
Reaction score

^ true story

Top Bottom