Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
14. Cowboys - Memphis DT Dontari Poe

I know a lot of you are going to hate this pick, but I don't think DeCastro falls to pick #14. Besides that point, the drafting of Poe finally kick-starts the move of Ratliff to defensive end. Poe could have a Phil Taylor type of impact his rookie season, and with the right prodding could be a fixture at the nose position for a while.

I considered Dre Kirkpatrick here, or Melvin Ingram, but neither could be as special as Poe is primed to be.

45. Cowboys - Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler

Another pick a lot of you are going to hate, but Romo isn't getting any younger and it's high time Dallas starts trying to groom a franchise signal caller before there is no franchise signal caller. And who knows? We could probably flip him for a 1st round pick in the future.

82. Cowboys - Coastal Carolina CB Josh Norman

Normally I would be against a small school corner with our lack of success with them lately, but I have faith in Jerome Henderson, and besides, Norman looks like he can play in the NFL. Is a press-cover corner who loves to bait the QB for interceptions. I never liked the Josh Thomas pick and AOA was extremely raw, even for a FBS school player, which is why I can feel comfortable taking Josh Norman.

113. Cowboys - Baylor C Phillip Blake

Big, experienced and athletic (former RT) center for one of the nation's most explosive and productive offenses. I think we will end up signing an offensive guard in free agency, and already have two young guys on the roster with some upside.

Will finish when I know the rest of our selections.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think we will take Osweiler in the 2nd as well. Not sure why, just a feeling.

I hate the rest of your draft.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
14 is too high for Poe.

I'm sick of being the team that takes chances on small school players...see Akwasi Owusu Ansah.

Blake doesn't impress me at all.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Is this draft what YOU want or what you actually think?

Since every mock draft made by fans are always way off the mark, it's a draft I want and what I think would make sense for the Cowboys, based off of player rankings provided by CBSSportsline and in Poe's case, NFLDraftCountdown. It's going to change obviously since it's my 1st attempt of the year, but that's where I stand so far.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
14 is too high for Poe.

I'm sick of being the team that takes chances on small school players...see Akwasi Owusu Ansah.

Noone else drafts small school players?

re: Blake, were you impressed by Jason Kelce?

Last edited:

Rev

Practice Squad
Reaction score
14 is too high for Poe.

The problem isnt drafting small school players. Its that Jerry crowns them in the media before they even practice. The media takes off with it and now its a legend before he plays a down.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since every mock draft made by fans are always way off the mark, it's a draft I want and what I think would make sense for the Cowboys, based off of player rankings provided by CBSSportsline and in Poe's case, NFLDraftCountdown. It's going to change obviously since it's my 1st attempt of the year, but that's where I stand so far.

Most people's mocks are not always way off the mark. Many people employ some common sense. And I'm sorry... will the Cowboys be making their selections based off of CBSSportsline and NFLDraftCountdown rankings? You know if "fans' mocks are always off the mark"---AS YOU HAVE SAID, and those mocks are based off of the CBSSportsline and NFLDraftCountdown rankings, then wouldn't it stand to reason that perhpas those CBSSportsline and NFLDraftCountdown rankings are also off the mark?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Most people's mocks are not always way off the mark. Many people employ some common sense. And I'm sorry... will the Cowboys be making their selections based off of CBSSportsline and NFLDraftCountdown rankings? You know if "fans' mocks are always off the mark"---AS YOU HAVE SAID, and those mocks are based off of the CBSSportsline and NFLDraftCountdown rankings, then wouldn't it stand to reason that perhpas those CBSSportsline and NFLDraftCountdown rankings are also off the mark?

Well, I haven't seen a fan mock that hit on more than 2 picks.

Of course the Cowboys don't base their rankings off of Internet sites. They compile a list based on what their scouts are telling them from watching game tape. Since I can't see every single play of every single game for 240+ players, I use people who do.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen a fan mock that hit on more than 2 picks.

You haven't seen much of anything and yet continue to spout off like you know what you arte talking about. So what else is new?

Of course the Cowboys don't base their rankings off of Internet sites. They compile a list based on what their scouts are telling them from watching game tape. Since I can't see every single play of every single game for 240+ players, I use people who do.

And thankfully that they do not. However, you the one that said that it would make sense if they did such a thing, or now are you backtracking?

And how do you know that they watch every single play by every single player in the draft?

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You're just being argumentative. It boils down to that's what I think the Cowboys should do. I have no idea what they are going to do in the draft, just like 100% of the fans won't know exactly who we are going to take in each round.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're just being argumentative. It boils down to that's what I think the Cowboys should do. I have no idea what they are going to do in the draft, just like 100% of the fans won't know exactly who we are going to take in each round.

LOL.:jerkoff

overused

Practice Squad
Reaction score
here mine take a swing LL and miss like you always do :jerkoff

trade down get a extra 2nd or 3rd

1 Dont’a Hightower, OLB/ILB
2 Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut
2 or 3 Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
3 Senio Kelemete, OG, Wash
4 Akiem Hicks, DT/NT, Regina University

C

Cr122

At least he did a mock. It takes a lot of guts to do one. Nut up or shut up.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
A little highlight clip of Josh Norman

yeah, I know, they replay a lot of the same plays, but still:

[video=youtube;xj1RwYJwinc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj1RwYJwinc&feature=relmfu[/video]

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
here mine take a swing LL and miss like you always do :jerkoff

trade down get a extra 2nd or 3rd

1 Dont’a Hightower, OLB/ILB
2 Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut
2 or 3 Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
3 Senio Kelemete, OG, Wash
4 Akiem Hicks, DT/NT, Regina University

Not going to trade down or get an ILB in the 1st dumbfuck.

Top Bottom