cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
To make Bob happy, I will be spending less time on a message board discussing my opinions and more time busting my ass, trying to get my Best Buy line-of-credit higher.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I do, kind of. I said some of his personnel choices and coaching hiring/firings have been baffling. The fact that he has guys playing hard for him doesn't surprise me though. He changed the whole culture at SC and brought the program back to prominence. Some would say with questionable methods. He has thrown some money at some quarterbacks that was alarming. He's picked some guys a lot higher than projections.

Guys like playing for Pete. Most assistant coaches love working for Pete. He's definitely got a plan and he's being allowed to implement it. He is more of a "trust" guy. He trusts the players to make plays, he trusts the player to be accountable. In contrast, Garrett talks about these things but does almost nothing to back up the stuff he says.

Players loved playing for Wade too. He held them accountable to themselves. Look where that got us.

Again, like I said, we are doomed, no matter who the head coach is.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Players loved playing for Wade too. He held them accountable to themselves. Look where that got us.

Again, like I said, we are doomed, no matter who the head coach is.

Some difference there. Pete is at least accountable to the media. He will take responsibilty if the team plays bad. Real responsibilty, not Wade's pathetic it's all my fault routine.

Jason Garrett is killing us right now but the problem here has been and is Jerry Jones and the environment he's created.

Reaction score
It was 4th and 5 at the 35 yard line. They weren't going to kick it there. It was a free opputtunity to draw them offsides. We pinned them down and got the ball back in great field position for a score.

Reaction score
They weren't kicking a FG at the 35. They wre going to punt. Our offense is so hectic and scrambly that rushing to the line actually could've gotten Baltimore riled up.

Like I said, it was a free chance b/c the yardage was meaningless.

Also I disagree with the articles notion that We could've taken a timeout at 15 seconds and ran a sideline play. Baltimore would be sitting all over it and it could've been picked or romo could've got hit with a grounding for it being so well covered.

They should've spiked it right away or called the timeout right away (21 seconds). But once it got down there to 15 or so and miles Austin was still dicking around(must've been tired from all his catches) it was too late.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Also I disagree with the notion that We could've taken a timeout at 15 seconds and ran a sideline play.

I didn't say that. There was enough time after Dez's reception to run another play or like you said, spike ball then run a play and call timeout. We were way too casual there.

Top Bottom