dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
-Looks like other than Tyron Smith and Romo, everyone practiced today.

-Read a blurb that says 2nd yr OLB Damien Wilson has officially beaten out Kyle Wilbur and will continue to start there.

-Read another blurb that says Cowboys are planning on starting to give MLB reps to Mark Nzeocha, it didn't say when however.

Nzeocha has size and speed & range that the other LB's don't have. He could potentially help the run and especially pass defense if he can get out there healthy.

-With Minnesota's loss and Seattle's tie, currently Dallas would have home field advantage in NFC

-Total QBR (not the same thing as QB rating, takes into account many other measurements to judge effectiveness of a QB) leader through 7 weeks- Dak Prescott at 82.9

- Zeke Elliott has one fewer game than the remainder of the top 6 league rushers, and still leads the league in total rushing yards and yds per game.

Reaction score
I agree about the Nzeocha talent and skill but is the Nzeocha blurb your editorial or from the practice notes?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
-Looks like other than Tyron Smith and Romo, everyone practiced today.

Ugh, another back that has to be managed.

-Read a blurb that says 2nd yr OLB Damien Wilson has officially beaten out Kyle Wilbur and will continue to start there.

Too me Wilbur sucks everywhere but special teams. Wilson hasnt been much better though.

Nzeocha has size and speed & range that the other LB's don't have. He could potentially help the run and especially pass defense if he can get out there healthy.

Oh good, another guy who cant seem to stay healthy.

-With Minnesota's loss and Seattle's tie, currently Dallas would have home field advantage in NFC

Mind boggling.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
-

-Read another blurb that says Cowboys are planning on starting to give MLB reps to Mark Nzeocha, it didn't say when however.

- Zeke Elliott has one fewer game than the remainder of the top 6 league rushers, and still leads the league in total rushing yards and yds per game.

It's about time Damien Wilson is showing something.

Nzeocha is the one that had the pick in the preseason right? And that was the play he hurt his Achilles if I'm not mistaken. I've been waiting to see more of him ever since that pick.

How many yards behind Zeke is Jay Ajayi? After the last couple weeks I would think he's kind of close.

Reaction score
I don't even know who Damien Wilson is but I can't believe a complete Jag like Kyle Wilbur has been with this team for so long. It feels like we took him in 2001 or something. Believe he was drafted right after Markus Steele.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree about the Nzeocha talent and skill but is the Nzeocha blurb your editorial or from the practice notes?

I found it in another article I read, I think about all player snap counts. I'll try to find the whole thing and post.

I do remember that Broaddus tweeted out either late in preseason or right at the beginning of the season that MLB was the plan then for Nzeocha.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nzeocha is the one that had the pick in the preseason right? And that was the play he hurt his Achilles if I'm not mistaken. I've been waiting to see more of him ever since that pick.

He got hurt the next game on special teams IIRC. He had the pick in the Rams game, really played well that day.

How many yards behind Zeke is Jay Ajayi? After the last couple weeks I would think he's kind of close.

Ajayi is 7th in the league in rushing with 535 yds. He basically had done nothing before the last two games.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't even know who Damien Wilson is but I can't believe a complete Jag like Kyle Wilbur has been with this team for so long. It feels like we took him in 2001 or something. Believe he was drafted right after Markus Steele.
:lol

And yeah, how is Wilber even on the team much less the field? Total spare

Reaction score
I found it in another article I read, I think about all player snap counts. I'll try to find the whole thing and post.

I do remember that Broaddus tweeted out either late in preseason or right at the beginning of the season that MLB was the plan then for Nzeocha.

I like Nzeocha at MLB. I saw an interview in which he said that he was being given time at MLB. Plays well defending the ball in flight. Saw passes defensed in preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Nzeocha at MLB. I saw an interview in which he said that he was being given time at MLB. Plays well defending the ball in flight. Saw passes defensed in preseason.

Yeah and with what Marinelli likes in his LB (especially MLB) he can definitely impact throwing lanes in the middle of the field. Has the speed to get to spots and length to make throws into the intermediate/deep areas tougher to fit in. He's 3 or 3 inches taller than Hitchens I believe, and somewhat taller than Durant as well.

Reaction score
Yeah and with what Marinelli likes in his LB (especially MLB) he can definitely impact throwing lanes in the middle of the field. Has the speed to get to spots and length to make throws into the intermediate/deep areas tougher to fit in. He's 3 or 3 inches taller than Hitchens I believe, and somewhat taller than Durant as well.

Durant has some speed and football IQ but plays kind of a finesse game, Hitchens has the football IQ and the thumping toughness but lacks the size and the speed. Nzeocha has the size, coverage skills and especially the closing speed that Hitchens does not have. If it's goal line or 1 yard for the first, I would say Hitchens though.

Dallas Cowboys Mark Nzeocha: Molding Athleticism

Top Bottom