C

Cr122

OCT 5 12:46 PM CT
By Calvin Watkins

IRVING -- To finally put the Detroit Lions game to bed, running back Felix Jones addressed his mistake in the closing moments of the 34-30 loss to the Detroit Lions.

Out of timeouts and facing a fourth-and-20 from the 45, quarterback Tony Romo found Jones on a pass into the flat as the clock wound down. Jones tried to get downfield, but surprisingly stepped out of bounds along the Cowboys sideline with four seconds to play after a seven-yard gain.

Jones stood there in shock along with the rest of the Cowboys players that their final chance to win the game ended.

"It's a little bit of everything," Jones said of the emotions. "It was not a smart play by me. Just pretty much got caught up in the moment. Made a mistake."

The mistake by Jones raised questions about the Cowboys' ability to perform in tense game-like situation. In training camp, the Cowboys worked on several game situations from the two-minute drill, four-minute drill with one timeout or no timeouts to hurrying onto the field to attempt a field goal.

"Just me being the competitor I am and knowing what the sitauation we're in," Jones said on how upset he was. "Just me putting pressure on me in general, knowing, just knowing what I did [was] wrong and thinking about it is enough. Nobody can hurt me as much as I feel about myself and what I did."

The bye week should help Jones heal from a dislocated shoulder suffered in the Week 2 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. Jones has played through the injury and rushed for 115 yards on 14 carries in the Week 3 win over the Washington Redskins. Over the last two days, the Cowboys have held light practices with little to no contact have been good for the starting running back who is averaging 4.3 yards per carry.

"It gives me a lot more time to go out here to get a little bit more treatment," Jones said. "No banging and it gives it a lot more rest and gives it more time to heal. The bye will be great for my shoulder."

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DSCF2730.jpg

Cythim

Reaction score
I honestly didn't realize it was 4th down either. I was thinking "great now get out and stop the clock!" but that was obviously the wrong play.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is all moot if Romo doesn't throw 3 INTs. And so what if Felix didn't run out of bounds? Does anybody thing he was going to run for a TD with that distance and little time left?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
She gets that reaction from a lot of men. Buy that woman a treadmill, for fucks sake.

:OhSnap

lol

I was gonna say something, then figured I'd better read the rest of the thread first. That was a fat softball, hard to pass up.

Reaction score
Hell even troy and Joe thought it was third down...Not sure why they thought that there are markers on the field

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It was a dumb looking play, but he wasnt going to get the first down anyway. Much ado over nothing IMO.

Top Bottom