Reaction score
That's a huge blow for that team, as they don't have much secondary depth at all.

I say trade them Jenkins...

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Whats their oline look like? Couldn't see us grabbing a second at this point so maybe a player?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a huge blow for that team, as they don't have much secondary depth at all.

I say trade them Jenkins...

Why would you want to help a team in our conference that we might end up competing for a playoff spot with, or potentially playing them in the playoffs?

Reaction score
Why would you want to help a team in our conference that we might end up competing for a playoff spot with, or potentially playing them in the playoffs?

Because I don't think Jenkins puts them over the top. And I don't think I'd be afraid of them come playoff time.

But if they're desperate and would overpay for a guy we're going to lose at years end anyway, then I'd make the deal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because I don't think Jenkins puts them over the top. And I don't think I'd be afraid of them come playoff time.

But if they're desperate and would overpay for a guy we're going to lose at years end anyway, then I'd make the deal.

Jenkins would be a pretty substancial upgrade for them at CB, unless they just made some stupid offer I wouldnt deal with them, or any other team in the NFC we thought was a serious playoff threat. They have a huge achilles heal on defense, no way would I help them get better on that side.

Reaction score
If we lose to the Falcons, I don't think it would be because of Jenkins.

If they offered a third or fourth... we could parlay that into a multi-year contributor.

I definitely wouldn't NOT make the trade out of fear because we MIGHT play them in the post season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If we lose to the Falcons, I don't think it would be because of Jenkins.

If they offered a third or fourth... we could parlay that into a multi-year contributor.

I definitely wouldn't NOT make the trade out of fear because we MIGHT play them in the post season.

Go ask the Niners how they feel about an afterthought trade they made with us before the season started in 1992.

Reaction score
Go ask the Niners how they feel about an afterthought trade they made with us before the season started in 1992.

I don't know how to even get in touch with anyone within the 49'ers organization to even ask them that question.

Besides... Mike Jenkins isn't a quarter of the player that Charles Haley was.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

They got their payback in 94 when we traded up with them to draft Shante Carver.

Top Bottom