Reaction score
I don't get a good feeling about Elliott. This off-field stuff is one. His attitude, in which I already detect some "I'm a superstar", is another. And I wasn't even as blown away as everyone else by his game against Seattle.

Which BTW was his one and only game. Yet people are already certain he's a guaranteed star.
I do think he has an excellent skill set and may well prove to be a special RB. I thought he "flashed" consistently during the Seattle game. He looked really good.

I can see the "star" criticism, but at same time, great RBs sometimes have quirky personalities.

To me, one thing that's pretty exciting about Zeke, is that he seems to be a tough character. He seems more Erik Williams than Felix Jones. I think Zeke is going to bring a toughness that this offense hasn't had since early MB3. And Zeke is better than MB3 was. This could work out pretty well.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Wasnt it Mark Stepnoski who after he retired admitted he smoked weed almost every day of his NFL career?

Stepnoski's been a pot advocate for many years,so it wouldn't surprise me.
He says he moved to Canada because of our pot laws.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't get a good feeling about Elliott. This off-field stuff is one. His attitude, in which I already detect some "I'm a superstar", is another. And I wasn't even as blown away as everyone else by his game against Seattle.

Which BTW was his one and only game. Yet people are already certain he's a guaranteed star.

Eh. Would be curious for you to respond about the bolded part.

I don't see how anyone could watch what he did vs Seattle and not come away impressed. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed anything, but he was damn impressive.

In college he had most of his best games against the best teams in the biggest games too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eh. Would be curious for you to respond about the bolded part.

I don't see how anyone could watch what he did vs Seattle and not come away impressed. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed anything, but he was damn impressive.

In college he had most of his best games against the best teams in the biggest games too.

He also wasn't wrong about what he said about the coaches/play calling in that game against Michigan.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I do think he has an excellent skill set and may well prove to be a special RB. I thought he "flashed" consistently during the Seattle game. He looked really good.
Oh, like I've said before, I was a huge fan of his in college in the 2014 season. I thought he was going to be a great pro then.

And he still might be, of course. To go #4 overall he should be. But I don't like some of the intangible things I see -- bb mentioned one I forgot about. As I said during the Seattle game, I was more impressed by Dak, who does seem to have all those things.

Reaction score
of course it's possible. hell, you got left-wing sportswriters defending bat-flipping Latin baseball players who stare at their long home runs. why? because such actions are "part of their culture." Good manners and sportsmanship? That's a "white" thing. I believe this is what Bush meant by "the soft bigotry of low expectations.
I don't put anything past journalists with an agenda and trying to paint people as discriminatory.

But we're not heading toward pot legalization "because black kids can't help themselves." That's just ignorant.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't put anything past journalists with an agenda and trying to paint people as discriminatory.

But we're not heading toward pot legalization "because black kids can't help themselves." That's just ignorant.

the vast majority of NFL players who run afoul of the law are black. failed tests for recreational drugs means losing their productivity on the field. therefore, I can very easily envisage the NFL making exceptions for non-performance-enhancing drugs like weed.

Reaction score
the vast majority of NFL players who run afoul of the law are black. failed tests for recreational drugs means losing their productivity on the field. therefore, I can very easily envisage the NFL making exceptions for non-performance-enhancing drugs like weed.
The vast majority of NFL players are black, period.

But if you're talking about pot being "legalized" that is way more far-reaching than whatever the NFL decides to do with it. And it's going to be legalized eventually for a host of reasons... not because black kids can't help themselves.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The vast majority of NFL players are black, period.

and they commit a disproportionate amount of crimes relative to their race. see: US prison population. are facts racist?

But if you're talking about pot being "legalized" that is way more far-reaching than whatever the NFL decides to do with it. And it's going to be legalized eventually for a host of reasons... not because black kids can't help themselves.

oh, that will be the real reason. the rest will be window dressing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Weed will eventually stop being illegal but it will have more to do with money, and nothing to do with color. Within the next couple of CBA talks the owners will use that as a chip in order to get a bigger piece of the pie. That will keep some star players from getting suspended which would again put more money in the owners pockets. So again the color of a persons skin has nothing to do with it. The only color that matters is green in the owner's eyes.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Weed will eventually stop being illegal but it will have more to do with money, and nothing to do with color. Within the next couple of CBA talks the owners will use that as a chip in order to get a bigger piece of the pie. That will keep some star players from getting suspended which would again put more money in the owners pockets. So again the color of a persons skin has nothing to do with it. The only color that matters is green in the owner's eyes.

it's only legal in four states. I highly doubt it will be legal nationwide anytime soon. if the NFL has a change of heart, it won't be because aging white billionaires suddenly became very liberal/permissive regarding drug use. it'll be because black drug use is costing them green and wins. last I checked, the Cowboys' defense isn't missing three white players to start the year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The only color that matters is green

truth is, the color of money is the only color that's ever mattered

racism, etc was just a cover for the real issue and a bunch of dipshits actually fell for it and still do

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I highly doubt it will be legal nationwide anytime soon.

perhaps, but it should be. The criminalization of drugs is a total failure and the war of drugs will never be won.

Top Bottom