Minimalist

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/exclusive-man-arrested-for-allegedly-shooting-realistic-toy-gun-with-kids-in-queens-park/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A Queens man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly firing a lifelike weapon and handing it over to his toddler-age son.

The man’s family, however, called it all an overreaction to toy guns.

As CBS 2’s Dave Carlin reported, Jack Pawlowski was led out of his Queens home in handcuffs Wednesday, with his stunned wife and three young kids looking on. He said nothing as detectives put him into a squad car.

But earlier, he allowed CBS 2 up to the family’s apartment to get a video of what he calls the harmless “kids’ toys” that started it all.

Pawlowski told CBS 2 he took a toy gun, and two of his kids, around the corner to Ditmars Park. It was around noon and packed with kids and their parents.

It appears some in the park thought the guns were real at first.

“At first I thought I was hallucinating,” said Maria Smilios of Astoria. “He pulled out this gun.”

Smilios saw the toy up close, and at first thought it was the real thing. She gave CBS 2 a cellphone photo she said shows Pawlowski firing pellets at a tree.

“The next thing, he took his son, who is 3, and showed him how to use it, and then the family took turns shooting the gun. He gave it to his daughter, who took off on the bicycle and started racing around the park with the gun pointing this way and just started pointing it at the kids,” Smilios said.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Fucking stupid idiots. The people that call the cops and the cops that is.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
There are some ignorant, stupid people in this country. I think most of them were born and raised in a large city.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Curious as to why the gun he chose to take conveniently has the orange cap removed from the end of it.

Stupid situation all around.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Curious as to why the gun he chose to take conveniently has the orange cap removed from the end of it.

Stupid situation all around.

Because they look stupid? Who cares? Stop trying to justify nanny state behavior.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Because they look stupid? Who cares? Stop trying to justify nanny state behavior.

"What's this? You're not outraged like I am and question why a guy would knowingly take the piece off the toy that makes it easily identifiable as a toy from a distance? Quit justifying the nanny state".

Yeah, yeah, whatever.

As I said, stupid situation all around. He shouldn't have been arrested for it but he also should have probably thought it through a little more before taking the cap off and strutting around the middle of Queens with it.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hoof is right, of course. The only idiot here is the father.

Hmmm i wonder if there will be a reaction to me bringing a gun to a park given the current climate, nahi should be good.

Top Bottom