dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We had the ball 38:19 of the game, Philly just over 25. We didn't have the ball any in OT, so basically we had the ball almost 2/3 of the game before the OT.

We had 411 total yards. We were 8/16 on 3rd down. Philly was just 3/13 on 3rd down. We rushed for 130+ yards, McFadden had his 2nd 100+ yd game in three weeks and we were 3/3 in the redzone scoring TD's.

The defense was on the field for just barely 1/3 of the game, yet at the end virtually every player on the team was bent over, gassed out, spent etc etc. Why?

Despite Philly having the ball barely 25 mins total, and not converting on 10/13 3rd downs they still totaled almost 460 yds, 33 pts, gave up 7 plays over 20 yds, extended two or three drives with bad penalties

Dallas Cowboys- the epitome of mediocrity.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They're soft and there is no real leadership.

We go as Romo goes.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
3 Interceptions and 1 (that's ONE) forced fumble by the defense, in 8 games. This is legendary epic bad territory.

Only one interception by a DB (JJ Wilcox)

Brandon Jones has more passes defensed (6) then our starting CB's combined (5, Claiborne with 4, Carr with 1). Barry Church has a goose egg, ZERO passes defensed.

Greg Hardy has 4 sacks in 4 games, the rest of the team combined has 10 sacks in 8 games.

Reaction score
Heard an interesting stat this morning from Sturm.

He said across the NFL something like 60% of all turnovers a defense creates occur when the defense is leading by 4+ points, which only accounts for 35% of the total snaps. Last year our defense had 500+ plays where they were on the field with a lead of 4 or more. This year, through 8 games, our defense has had a lead of 4 or more on 112 snaps... on pace to have less than half of last year's number of snaps with a 4-point lead.

You're basically around 4-5 times as likely to get a turnover when you have a lead of more than a FG, and we hardly ever have that kind of lead.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're basically around 4-5 times as likely to get a turnover when you have a lead of more than a FG, and we hardly ever have that kind of lead.

Part of that clearly the no-Romo effect this year.

Reaction score
A lot of the above leads me to believe Marinelli will be the scapegoat at the end of the year.

Garrett would be just like Landry except for all these scapegoats.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How is it that the Redskins are tied for allowing the fewest sacks in the NFL?

They stole our O-Line coach, obviously!

Yeah, but I thought Callahan was supposed to help with the run game? Where are the Redskins ranked with run offense? I think we are higher than they are. They've been plummeting every week, after coming out the gate real fast and everyone bragging about them. I don't think they've had a 100-yard rusher since week 2.

No Dooms, the truth is that Cousins takes fewer sacks than Griffin; always have --- even before Callahan. The drawback is though that he throws more INTs than Griffin. So it's a choice between one QB that takes fewer sacks, but throws more INTs, compared to the other that takes more sacks but throws fewer INTs.

Can anyone truly say that the Redskins are any better with Cousins under center as opposed to Griffin?

Who would have thought that in a division with Murray and Morris, that McFadden --- too many damn 'Ms', would have more yards --- or does he? I believe he has more 100-yard games.

Who would have thought that by week 8 --- halfway point, that Murray has yet to post his first 100-yard game of the season?

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No Dooms, the truth is that Cousins takes fewer sacks than Griffin; always have
Yep calm under fire, something RGPee never had. Point taken. Cousins understands they are after you because of the BALL, not because you're black, or highly paid, or have a hotter GF than they have. Cousins gets rid of the fucking thing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Murray did have one 100 yard game against the Giants, for whatever that's worth.

Really happy with McFadden lately, though. Actually I wish he wouldn't try so hard to protect the ball all the time. Obviously you don't want him fumbling, but wrapping it up with both arms every time is keeping him from breaking a few longer ones, I think.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Murray did have one 100 yard game against the Giants, for whatever that's worth.

Really happy with McFadden lately, though. Actually I wish he wouldn't try so hard to protect the ball all the time. Obviously you don't want him fumbling, but wrapping it up with both arms every time is keeping him from breaking a few longer ones, I think.

I like that he does that, seems like a small price to pay if he can avoid fumbling, especially with how fragile the team is currently, one turnover pretty much does them in at this juncture.

Reaction score
How is it that they rank last in yds per attempt, near the bottom in picks and near the bottom in QB rating?

Maybe because they have a garbage QB so no one is afraid to stack the box against them? Also, they lack pedigree talent at the RB position. Alfred Morris had a monster rookie year when the NFL didn't know how to defend that RG3 read option stuff. Morris' numbers when RG3 starts compared to any other QB is vastly different.

Reaction score
How is it that they rank last in yds per attempt, near the bottom in picks and near the bottom in QB rating?

It's really not a "get mad at the Redskins because they have better stats" kind of question. Because frankly, they have scored one more offensive TD than Dallas and obviously have a better record. My question is just "what are they doing right?"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's really not a "get mad at the Redskins because they have better stats" kind of question. Because frankly, they have scored one more offensive TD than Dallas and obviously have a better record. My question is just "what are they doing right?"

Not a lot more than us really, and we've been decimated by injuries

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe because they have a garbage QB so no one is afraid to stack the box against them? Also, they lack pedigree talent at the RB position. Alfred Morris had a monster rookie year when the NFL didn't know how to defend that RG3 read option stuff. Morris' numbers when RG3 starts compared to any other QB is vastly different.

You don't think the same applies to us with Weeden and Cassel?

Top Bottom