dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The stadium sucks for football. It's all style and flash and grandeur, but football is a distant second -- at best -- on its priority list.

Which makes it perfect for Jerry.

And you can put me on the list of people who didn't care for Texas Stadium much, either. Other than obviously the great teams that played there, it wasn't anything special and needed to be replaced. I still liked it better than Jerryworld, though... At least there you had some elements of the weather to deal with.

And oh BTW... The sun getting in people's eyes through the windows at Jerryworld is absolutely ridiculous. WTF happened to those huge drapes they had at one point? WTF do people orient football stadiums north-south anyway? But if it ran north-south it wouldn't have been as visible to all the people on I-30, so we can't have that.

Yeah I dont like the new stadium for a football atmosphere either. Its lousy, but so are the majority of teh people who show up for the games. The majority arnt real football fans.

The one time I went to the new stadium the vast majority of the people in the section we sat in had no idea what the score even was.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I remember the team talking about this when the direction the new stadium faces was brought up. I can't find that info right this second, but this map shows the orientation of the old Texas Stadium.

View attachment 2824

It's not exactly north/south, and it's not exactly east/west. It's kind of northeast/southwest. Just like AT&T stadium.

The reason the sun didn't come through the end zone before was because there were no glass doors behind either end zone. But the sun came through the hole in the roof and shone down on the opposing sideline most of the game during day games. That doesn't happen that way if the stadium had run directly north/south. It would have gone from one sideline to the other.
Yes and for whatever reason in the new stadium, we don't get the sun bath for the opponent sideline like it used to be, when the roof is open..
The reason the sun didn't come through the end zone before was because there were no glass doors behind either end zone.
Yep we know that one.

Reaction score
Yes and for whatever reason in the new stadium, we don't get the sun bath for the opponent sideline like it used to be, when the roof is open..
For a couple of reasons... One, the roof is hardly ever open during day games. Two, there's a 60 yard wide jumbotron directly under the hole that casts a pretty large shadow.

Reaction score
I agree that a lot of it is on the fans, but Dallas has long been known to be a cheese and whine fan base (sorry theebs). We've been in that stadium for how many years now? I've heard a hell of a lot of talk about how home games sound like away games, even from players. Only once have I heard of us having a real homefield advantage re: crowdnoise, and yes it was the Detroit game.

I think the local fans lack passion. Texas Stadium wasnt very loud either.

Its a dome most of the time, all the sound is stuck inside vs leaking out of the open roof.

The new stadium has issues, no doubt about it, but i dont think its an abortion or monstrosity.

I think it would be fair to at least visit the stadium first before making that type of extreme claim.

Top Bottom