Reaction score
Former Washington LB London Fletcher takes 'choke' shot at Tony Romo on Twitter
Jon Machota
FOX Sports Southwest
Brad Mills / USA TODAY Sports

Former Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher retired after the 2013 season.

Since he will no longer face Tony Romo on the field, Fletcher couldn't resist taking one more shot at the Dallas Cowboys quarterback Thursday morning on Twitter.

In honor of the opening day at The Masters, NFL AM tweeted a photo of Romo sizing up a shot while golfing with Tiger Woods. NFL AM was looking for captions for the picture, so Fletcher provided one.

@NFL_AM @TigerWoods @dallascowboys "why is he taking all this time just to choke?"
— London Fletcher (@LFletcher59) April 10, 2014
Perhaps Fletcher is still angry that his 16-year career came to an end with a 3-13 season, which included a pair of losses to Romo and the Cowboys.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They should compare bank accounts.

I'm guessing Fletcher would come up short.

I'll be here all week.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes Jon that is the definition of a choker. Good job, buddy.

Some guys choke in the playoffs like Manning has for his entire career. Romo will throw an interception or even worse pick 6 at the worst time possible. That's what I meant.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well until he does something to change that, he is unfortunately.

At this point in his career I doubt he does anything to change it. He just can't stop himself.

I think Quincy Carter put a curse on him and is able to control what he does 2-3 plays a game. That's where those "what the fuck was that shit?" plays come in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At this point in his career I doubt he does anything to change it. He just can't stop himself.

That's my thought too but since he is here and we are stuck with him, I still hold out hope.

If I were running things at VR I would have traded him for all I could get last yr before signing that big contract.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's my thought too but since he is here and we are stuck with him, I still hold out hope.

If I were running things at VR I would have traded him for all I could get last yr before signing that big contract.

The 3 stooges have no confidence in themselves in finding our next good QB. It really was a "muracle" that they found Romo.

Top Bottom