C

Cr122

Ex-Cowboy Folk earns Jets' confidence
Posted at 3:19 PM on Sat., Aug. 7, 2010
Gerry Fraley Reporter

Former Dallas Cowboys' placekicker Nick Folk has earned the seal of approval from a former skeptic: New York Jets coach Rex Ryan.

``I want to go on record to say I'm officially not worried about our Pro Bowl kicker anymore," Ryan told reporters on Friday. ``I think that Nick is back in form and that is always great to see."

Folk kicked poorly thorughout mini-camps and Organzed Team Activities. He changed his approach on the suggestion of speical-teams coach Mike Westhoff and has kicked better during training camp.

On Friday, Folk made all six field-goal tries against a full-speed rush. David Buehler, whom the Cowboys plan on starting the season with, has made 33-of-38 tries in camp but has yet to face a full rush.

Westhoff had the Jets' grounds-crew staff build a large T-shape device that is put on the field for kicks. It's purpose is to keep Folk within the proper angle on his approach. He will not be able to use the device during games.

Folk made the Pro Bowl as a rookie with the Cowboys in 2007 and made 20-of-22 attempts the following season. Coming off hip surgery, Folk slumped badly for the Cowboys last season. He made only 18-of-28 tries and was released after missing a 24-try late in a win at New Orleans in the 14th game of the season.

Folk told reporters Buehler's presence made him return too soon after last the surgery. Folk added that he accepted the reason behind the Cowboys' move.

``They were making a playoff run," he said. ``So they have to do what they have to do. I had a great run there. It is what it is. I still have good friends on that team. I wish them well.''

Ryan has fanned Super Bowl talk within the Jets. The championship game will be played at Cowboys Stadium.

``I'll go back there anytime to play,'' Folk said. ``That would be a great accomplishment for this team and that's the goal for the year. So hopefully, we'll get there.''

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Folk should have been given a shot to come back and see if last year had anything to do with lingering problems from the leg injury. I hope he goes 1 for 5 in the preseason and gets shit canned.

Beeler 4 life.

C

Cr122

Folk should have been given a shot to come back and see if last year had anything to do with lingering problems from the leg injury. I hope he goes 1 for 5 in the preseason and gets shit canned.

Beeler 4 life.

Nah, Folk's done.

He shit on my parade too many times.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I loved Folk, bare him no ill will unless we play the Jets in the Superbowl, then I'll be oiling all the K balls myself.

Top Bottom