Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I had to live up there, for work, for three years. Yes it does really suck there. Bad. I never drank so much in my entire life, having to live up there. And I always had this idea that Johnny Futon wanted out of there. Only question is, did he take it too far? Colin Cowherd shares the theory.

Colin Cowherd’s theory about Johnny Manziel might be crazy enough to be right - The Washington Post

Johnny Football, the Fox Sports talking head theorizes, resorted to partying up a storm last season because he wanted out of Cleveland.

“What do you do when you want to break up with somebody as a guy?” the host of “The Herd” asked on his radio show Monday. “You create conflict; you start fights. … You want her to dump you, so you do stupid stuff. you create fights. …”

“Johnny Manziel hates Cleveland. Johnny Manziel said [to the Browns during before being taken in the 2014 NFL Draft], ‘We’re going to wreck this league’ [to convince Cleveland to take him with the 22nd overall pick] because he was going to drop to the second round, and Johnny Manziel wanted to get first-round money.

“Johnny Manziel made up his mind in the middle of this season ‘get me the hell out of here.’ So Johnny Manziel is going on this TMZ tour because he wanted to get cut by Cleveland. He wanted out of the AFC North. He’s not dumb. He’s a warm-weather kid who flies private jets. He’s in Vegas, Dallas, Miami. Does he take any of these jets to Milwaukee? Have you ever noticed where he takes these jets to?

“It’s sunny, warm, with cute girls. He wants to play for the Dolphins, he wants to play for the Jags, he wants to play for the Bucs, he wants to play for the Cowboys, he wants to play for the Texans, he wants to play for Arizona, he’d love to play for the Rams. He wants to party. He doesn’t want to be in Cleveland. Now, I’m not saying Johnny may not have a problem here and there. … [but] he’s going out of his way to go to popular clubs so he can be seen by TMZ, so he’s not even trying. He wanted Cleveland to cut him.”

So, if true maybe I should start calling him "Johnny Fitzgerald?"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerruh still loves Johnny!

Dallas Cowboys: Jerry Jones is still enamored with Johnny Manziel, but ... | SportsDay

In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Peter King asked what it would take for Jones to give Manziel a second chance in the NFL. Jones said: "What's got to get out of my mind is my concern for him, just his well-being. ... Anybody should be rooting for and concerned about him getting his life together."

Jones still seemed intrigued by Johnny Football's talent, though.

"I have the same impression that when he came out of A&M of what his potential is as a football player. ... I haven't changed my opinion of how exciting of a player that he is, how unique a player that he is."

But Jones maintains that Manziel's first priority should be getting his life in order.

"But you can be the smartest mathematician, you can be the greatest politician, but if you can't get it straight, your life, you don't get those chances. I'm more concerned with that."

So could Manziel pull it all back together and make a career in the league?

"We have an old adage in talent evaluation, if you see them do it a couple of times, they can do it," Jones said. "Now, will they have the discipline and the will to go out there and do it day in and day out? Do like a Peyton Manning and make a career out of doing it every day? That hasn't been shown."
"We" have a old adage. Who's "we" Jerruh?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
More from Jerruh. Wants to "help Manziel off the field first."

"I would in any way offer to help him work to be where we all are rooting for him to be, which is having a successful life and football career," Jones said. "I would do that. You say, 'Well, is that because of football?' Well, I might not have been aware of this had it not been for football. I'm aware of it. With that, with me, comes a motivation if it's appropriate within the rules or within the guidelines of the NFL if we can be of help in the promise of being a part of the NFL through the Cowboys, I certainly look to that. But …I don't even dare, right now, go into picturing him in a training camp or an OTA or him in a ballgame. You don't go there."
Yeah Jerry, you can let him "work" in one of your warehouses while he collects his million a year for the next two years Cleveland still owes him right?

Top Bottom