dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Further proof of how awful Rob Ryan is (I think I'm gonna start calling him Zimmer part II)

Dallas Cowboys TEAM in 4 games: 9 sacks, 11 passes defensed

JJ Watt BY HIMSELF in 5 games: 8 1/2 sacks, 8 passes defensed

Also league-wide there's been 147 total interceptions this year, we have only 1 of them. And none by a defensive back.

Last time a Dallas DB had an interception in a regular season game:

NOVEMBER 20th, 2011 vs Washington

In the last ten games, we've had two interceptions. Both by LB Sean Lee.

Reaction score
I don't think our corners have been playing bad. So I wouldn't blame Ryan for that.

I don't think our pass rush has been that bad. So I wouldn't blame Ryan for that.

How about we get an offense that can score points and put pressure on an opposing offense to throw more and take more risks?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think our corners have been playing bad. So I wouldn't blame Ryan for that.

I don't think our pass rush has been that bad. So I wouldn't blame Ryan for that.

How about we get an offense that can score points and put pressure on an opposing offense to throw more and take more risks?

In 4 games, we've played 3 of the more mistale prone QB's in football, and didnt cause any mistakes

The offense stinks, no question. The OL is horrible. But the defense isnt exactly getting it done either.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
In 4 games, we've played 3 of the more mistale prone QB's in football, and didnt cause any mistakes

The offense stinks, no question. The OL is horrible. But the defense isnt exactly getting it done either.

Besides the chicago game what offense has done anything vs the cowboys? Giants couldnt run or throw on Dallas Seattle won the game with special teams and the bucs couldnt do anything and had under 100 total yrds before that last desperation drive. How is the defense not getting it done? Ever think that maybe the Cowboys havent got turnovers cause teams arent really doing much against the def and punting? maybe?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
More (consistant and constant) pressure and a safety with a clue.

Sensabaugh is 50/50 on being around the ball. McCray is, well, umm, he's a nice special teamer.

Ware needs help. Ratliff will help some.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

The defense hasn't been able to rush the passer to any considerable extent, in part because of the offense handing out points left and right. Dallas is currently DEAD LAST is passes attempted AGAINST them. And I'm almost positive they were either DEAD LAST or 2nd to it before week 5 even began. They're also 2nd to last in total plays against them......which means, they're getting the fuck off the field either by giving up quick scores or by getting stops. They haven't given up that many scores that you can honestly pin on them so it's gotta be a little bit of the "getting stops".

Add em up.

2 TDs to Chicago
1 TD to Seattle
1 FG to Seattle
1 FG to New York
1 TD to Tampa (Tampa took over on the 29 of DAL after an INT.....I'll credit only 3 to the offense)

That's 31 points the offense has given out. Out of 88 total given up.

The defense is playing well enough. If anyone had been asked what they would have thought if the defense was only accountable for 14 points per week, people would have put Dallas in the Superbowl. I would have. No way in hell I would have thought the offense would be this fucking awful.

As far as sacks go, the number is skewed because teams have only passed it 104 times against Dallas.

But if you look at things on a per pass attempt basis, it's not bad.

9 sacks on 104 attempts. That's one every 11.5 attempts. Good for 9th in the NFL.

Where's Houston? 16 sacks on 168 attempts. That's one every 10.5 attempts.

Guess Dallas could be like Washington.....you know, 11 turnovers and all. That'd be great, wouldn't it. I suppose if you could stomach almost 147 total points (I don't care enough to look how many their offense has contributed to the other teams) given up and getting a sack every 25 pass attempts.

Furthermore, WHAT THE FUCK did anyone expect? They didn't do shit to improve the pass rush except for hope that better coverage would give time for the pass rush to get there.

Guess what, it's not like the pass rush was always a step late. More like the pass rush wasn't even there at all most of the time.

So while the coverage might be better that just means instead finally getting pressure at 4 seconds after the snap with the QB getting rid of the ball at 2.5 seconds, they'll now get pressure at 4 seconds with the QB getting rid of the ball at 3.5 seconds.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not fucking up taking Tyron Smith over JJ Kilo-Watt would help too.

As awesome as JJ Watt is manhandling the league, and remember, 10 other teams passed on him, could you imagine the prospects of our offensive line without Tyron Smith. We would literally be 5 players away from having a decent O Line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Besides the chicago game what offense has done anything vs the cowboys? Giants couldnt run or throw on Dallas Seattle won the game with special teams and the bucs couldnt do anything and had under 100 total yrds before that last desperation drive. How is the defense not getting it done? Ever think that maybe the Cowboys havent got turnovers cause teams arent really doing much against the def and punting? maybe?

Russell Wilson looked like Warren Moon in his prime against us, and Marshawn Lynch looked like Earl Campbell

Reaction score
The defense hasn't been able to rush the passer to any considerable extent, in part because of the offense handing out points left and right. Dallas is currently DEAD LAST is passes attempted AGAINST them. And I'm almost positive they were either DEAD LAST or 2nd to it before week 5 even began. They're also 2nd to last in total plays against them......which means, they're getting the fuck off the field either by giving up quick scores or by getting stops. They haven't given up that many scores that you can honestly pin on them so it's gotta be a little bit of the "getting stops".

Add em up.

2 TDs to Chicago
1 TD to Seattle
1 FG to Seattle
1 FG to New York
1 TD to Tampa (Tampa took over on the 29 of DAL after an INT.....I'll credit only 3 to the offense)

That's 31 points the offense has given out. Out of 88 total given up.

The defense is playing well enough. If anyone had been asked what they would have thought if the defense was only accountable for 14 points per week, people would have put Dallas in the Superbowl. I would have. No way in hell I would have thought the offense would be this fucking awful.

As far as sacks go, the number is skewed because teams have only passed it 104 times against Dallas.

But if you look at things on a per pass attempt basis, it's not bad.

9 sacks on 104 attempts. That's one every 11.5 attempts. Good for 9th in the NFL.

Where's Houston? 16 sacks on 168 attempts. That's one every 10.5 attempts.

Guess Dallas could be like Washington.....you know, 11 turnovers and all. That'd be great, wouldn't it. I suppose if you could stomach almost 147 total points (I don't care enough to look how many their offense has contributed to the other teams) given up and getting a sack every 25 pass attempts.

Furthermore, WHAT THE FUCK did anyone expect? They didn't do shit to improve the pass rush except for hope that better coverage would give time for the pass rush to get there.

Guess what, it's not like the pass rush was always a step late. More like the pass rush wasn't even there at all most of the time.

So while the coverage might be better that just means instead finally getting pressure at 4 seconds after the snap with the QB getting rid of the ball at 2.5 seconds, they'll now get pressure at 4 seconds with the QB getting rid of the ball at 3.5 seconds.

This is a great post.

You should post more. I mean that, agmigo.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You get sacks and INTs when you are up and can force the other team into mistakes.

We have yet to have anything resembling a comfortable lead this season. The amount of time we've led in games has to be miniscule. And yet we're still performing pretty well on D in terms of allowing points. The problem is on offense ******.

Reaction score
You get sacks and INTs when you are up and can force the other team into mistakes.

We have yet to have anything resembling a comfortable lead this season. The amount of time we've led in games has to be miniscule. And yet we're still performing pretty well on D in terms of allowing points. The problem is on offense ******.

So every other team in the league has been up big In every game the past few years?

Top Bottom